Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 12/15/2005 1:48:48 PM EDT
And this is why. Maybe not the best shot in the world but damn, I am sure proud of it.

25yds, Ruger Redhawk, indoor range firing handloads at near max loading. Only the bottom of the grip was setting on the table top.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 1:58:38 PM EDT
Nice shooting. People are always suprised when I hit the 12" gong at 100yds with my 6" bbl Anaconda. 44 mag wheelguns are the shiznit.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:43:38 PM EDT

Originally Posted By GaryM:
And this is why. Maybe not the best shot in the world but damn, I am sure proud of it.
www.geocities.com/aigtbootbp/25ydRedhawk.jpg

25yds, Ruger Redhawk, indoor range firing handloads at near max loading. Only the bottom of the grip was setting on the table top.

But the bad guy is still holding the women and pointing the gun at you!!!! He must have a thick scull!!!
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 9:23:56 PM EDT
I'd have to drop the hammer 4 more times on my .454 Raging Bull to see the spread. A target with one hole in it does not tell much of a story!
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 12:25:09 PM EDT

Originally Posted By SkagSig40:

But the bad guy is still holding the women and pointing the gun at you!!!! He must have a thick scull!!!

No, just extremely rapid fire. He hasn't had enough time to fall over dead yet.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 4:08:36 PM EDT
man I don't see how you resisted putting one between the womans eyes...look at the mug on that beast!
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 12:18:20 PM EDT
I LOVE DROPPIN THEM IN THE 10 RING(12 INCH FRYING PAN) WITH MY 8 INCH ANACONDAFROM 100 YDS
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 9:47:26 PM EDT
I love them big hunting revolvers also.

I went coyote hunting with my .460 XVR this morning, and waxed one from about 140 yards away. Awesome.
Link Posted: 12/17/2005 10:01:30 PM EDT

Originally Posted By SkagSig40:

No, just extremely rapid fire. He hasn't had enough time to fall over dead yet.

GOOOOOD job then!!!!
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 9:30:56 AM EDT
I think you messed up her hair a little, she's gonna be pissed.

Nice shooting. I have a .44 mag SRH and I really like it. The trigger is not "perfect", but I expected that. The payoff is having a gun built like a bank vault! I shoot full house loads through mine all day long (well, a least a box or two, I"M the one that gives up, not the gun )

My 6 shot groups have been staying in the 2" arena, but I'm always working on it. I think the gun has lots more potential than I can pull out.

What kind of loads were you using?

Gundraw
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 6:05:11 PM EDT
Nice shooting Gary. I'm looking to get me one of those Redhawks. I think I found a couple priced (used) at $429.00 or $449.00. Do you think that's a good pice? There are a couple with out the scope rings and there is one priced a little higher with the scope rings.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 12:26:11 PM EDT
DBAR, those prices don't sound too far out of line. I paid 400 for mine a few months ago and of course it doesn't have the mounts. BTW, any chance you will be at the Jan MoDCC meet? I will be bringing it with me if you would like to try it out before buying your own.
Gun Draw, those are my own handloads. 240gr XTPs over 20grs of AA9. Plenty of power with them too.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 8:31:25 PM EDT

DBAR, those prices don't sound too far out of line. I paid 400 for mine a few months ago and of course it doesn't have the mounts. BTW, any chance you will be at the Jan MoDCC meet? I will be bringing it with me if you would like to try it out before buying your own.
Gun Draw, those are my own handloads. 240gr XTPs over 20grs of AA9. Plenty of power with them too.

I'd love to make it, but I don't think I'll be able to get away from work. Things at the dealership are getting pretty crazy. I need to create a little more job security. If you know what I mean. Thanks for the offer though.
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 10:31:37 PM EDT

Had good luck with XTP's, but it seemed the Win. 240HSP kept right up. Not to mention they are much cheaper. I still have some XTP's I play around with once in a while. I'll keep that in mind.

Gundraw
Top Top