Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/18/2003 3:49:07 PM EDT
Now that the warm weather is here, I have to look for something that is easy to conceal, my Glock 26 is not doing it, I was thinking in something small that I could carry inside my pocket, in a pocket holster. Any ideas??
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 3:51:45 PM EDT
[#1]
I just ordered a pocket holster from Galco for my G27.
Link Posted: 5/18/2003 11:45:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I use either a Kel-Tec P-32 or a North American Arms in .22magnum for my summer minimal clothing carry piece.
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 5:59:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Seecamp or kel-tec 32 in a wallet holster.  
Link Posted: 5/19/2003 10:42:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Kel Tec P32 is good.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 3:46:03 PM EDT
[#5]
W-W

Let us know how that holster works for you, I do have a Glock 26 but I found it too big and heavy in my pocket.

I just bought a Kel-Tec P-32 this think is so small and thin that I am going to have to take it to the range and shoot it a lot just to make me believe in it, I was assured that with the hydra shok rounds I will be OK, I hope never to find out.

Thanks for the suggestions.  
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 4:26:25 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a S&W 637 that does the job.  It is a 5-shot AIRLITE .38spl+P revolver.

Just put it in the front pocket of your jeans.  Looks like a cell phone in your pocket.  

OSA
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 5:24:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Beretta Tomcat, .32 ACP Silvertips, Mitch Rosen leather pocket holster.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 7:31:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Another vote for the Kel-Tec P32. At distances where I'd drill out the x-ring with my G21, I tend to shoot it... um... is "minute of torso" a real phrase? And .32ACP isn't the biggest fight-stopper on the market. But, *for its designed purpose* and understanding the caliber's limitation, I think it's a great little gun.

I normally carry a spiral notebook in the back pocket of my jeans and the P32 fits perfectly behind it. Haven't had a jam or other mechanical problem in about 300 rounds now.
Link Posted: 5/22/2003 7:56:19 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
W-W

Let us know how that holster works for you, I do have a Glock 26 but I found it too big and heavy in my pocket.

I just bought a Kel-Tec P-32 this think is so small and thin that I am going to have to take it to the range and shoot it a lot just to make me believe in it, I was assured that with the hydra shok rounds I will be OK, I hope never to find out.

Thanks for the suggestions.  

So far so good w/the Galco pocket holster for my G27.  I works best in my pleated Dockers style pants...It's NG in jeans.

Has anyone seen and/or shot that itty bitty Kahr 9mm?
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 12:46:52 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Has anyone seen and/or shot that itty bitty Kahr 9mm?

Funny you should ask, I had the Kahr PM9 is a nice gun but you are limited 7 rounds (I think) and taking it appart for cleaning was a nightmare, for me anyway! I sold it.
Now all I have is Glocks, 17 - 19 - 19C (2) and 27 and I love all of them
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 1:25:42 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a Kahr PM9 and I really like it. I have a Galco IWB holster and it works great. Strong side carry in front of my hip. It took a bit of practice for a good draw and shot placment. Nothing that few hundred rounds and a some time on the range didn't take care of. I have a Glock 19 in a Gun Gear shoulder rig that is easier to shoot but harder to hide in the warm weather clothing. I have no problem cleaning my Kahr and it has not failed me on the range.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 3:28:08 PM EDT
[#12]
I love my Kahr MK-9.  Carry it in a Krammer pocket Holster.  Because of my build, I have a hard time hiding anything on my belt in the summer time. Even a IWB holster is hard to hide.  I wanted the smallest, reliable gun with the biggest bullet I could get.  In my opinion 7 rounds of 9 beat .380 or .32.  I'm trying to get my wife out to the range to try it and see if she likes it.  She likes my Beretta 92 but, there is no way should could hide that big of a gun.

Edited to add: They are not that hard to take apart to clean.

Edited a second time because I can't spell.
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 4:47:58 PM EDT
[#13]
If it's a conceal carry you're looking for, check out the Compact by Springfield.  
Link Posted: 5/23/2003 8:29:26 PM EDT
[#14]
I always carry the KelTec P32 in my strongside pocket as a BUG.  Good little gun.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 3:08:44 AM EDT
[#15]
I bought a Grendel P-12 .380 about 10 years ago that I plan to carry.  I figure for what I paid vs what it's worth today who cares if it gets scuffed up?  I've read mixed reviews about the since discontinued Grendel make, but I've had really good luck with this gun over the years.  Never have had any failures of any kind... KNOCK WOOD!  Small, cheap, light, easy to field strip, and 10 + 1 capacity.  Fun gun to shoot, but you can imagine that because of it light weight, and short barrel, (3 inches) there is noticeable muzzle flip.  Good for close range of up to 15 yards, but after that not that great.  The Grendel line was really the first generation Kel-Tec line.  Polymer frame with a forged steel slide and barrel.  If you can find one used, buy it.

Fight the urge to shoot LIBERALS.  They are human too right?!?!
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 4:39:11 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
They are not that hard to take apart to clean.

Please, you Kahr lovers/users, don't get me wrong, I did like my Kahr, BUT with my clumsy fingers It was a problem FOR ME to get it align, hold it, to then hit the pin with something that won't damage the body of the gun to take it apart, and to put it back together it was also a challenge. I have only seen one person that could field strip the gun with nothing but his fingers.
Link Posted: 5/24/2003 3:40:22 PM EDT
[#17]
The Kahr has to be one of the easiest pistols to take apart and clean. It might not be as easy as my Beretta 92 and 96FSs but its no harder then my XD40 and XD9 sub-compact. Id have to say its easier then a Glock but not by much.

BKVic
Link Posted: 5/26/2003 4:56:38 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:
They are not that hard to take apart to clean.

Please, you Kahr lovers/users, don't get me wrong, I did like my Kahr, BUT with my clumsy fingers It was a problem FOR ME to get it align, hold it, to then hit the pin with something that won't damage the body of the gun to take it apart, and to put it back together it was also a challenge. I have only seen one person that could field strip the gun with nothing but his fingers.

The gun's a piece of cake to strip!

Maybe I should be a safecracker!
Link Posted: 5/27/2003 9:43:37 PM EDT
[#19]
I've got a couple Colt Pony's that are just about perfect for me.  It's the DAO versoin of the Mustang in .380 (probably the smallest caliber that should be carried).  Smaller than a PPK/S, much smaller than the Sig .380, smaller than the Beretta .32.  Works great in a Kramer or Akers pocket holster or in an ankle rig when in slacks.  The "lightweight" version with alloy frame is really nice, but the all steel one isn't too much heavier.  They can still be found on Gunbroker from time to time.  Scott, McDougal & associates can tune them, add Novak sights, round all the edges, etc.  Now if Colt would only start making them again.

Used to have one of the S&W titanium .38+P 5-shot revolvers.  So light you could forget it was there.  Great to carry.  A bitch to shoot.  The .38 spl was uncomfortable due to the light weight of the gun, the +P rounds just plain sucked!  I eventually sold it as I just don't care for wheel guns, plus I didn't like the punishment!
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 4:12:28 AM EDT
[#20]
Kahrs are nice guns. I carry a Smith 442 all the time in a pocket holster. I chose the revolver because I thought that a pocket would crud up a gun pretty quick, so get one that is reliable when icky.

I was right on the money. Pocket carry or deep cover carry fills the gun with lint and crud like you wouldn't believe. I would not feel comfortable unless I cleaned my pocket auto at LEAST once a week. Even then if you over-lube you could have problems.

My revolver just gets a wipedown with a silicone cloth every now and then, a shot of Tetra and back in the holster she goes.

The bonus is that my Smith 442 also serves very well as a backup gun when I am not at work and can pack something a little more substantial. (Usually a high-cap 9mm)

I wear Levi's all the time with my shirt tucked in, and nobody notices my revolver. (If my shirt tail is out, then I can conceal a Desert Eagle .50 with little problem.) I carry it in a Desantis pocket rig that is cheap as chips but stays put allowing for an easy draw.

It's about the best hideout setup I have come across, and loaded with 158 grain lead semi-wadcutter hollowpoint +P's from Remington, it hits hard. Small, packs a serious punch, and is rock reliable. Can't get much better than that...
Link Posted: 5/29/2003 8:51:55 PM EDT
[#21]
I'll ditto the Smith 442.  Also carried all times is a NAA mini revolver.

De Oppresso Liber
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 3:55:02 PM EDT
[#22]
I just recently switched from a lw commander to an Officers ACP but I gotta go with the Kahr group on this one. My wife's P40 is a great little gun.
Link Posted: 5/30/2003 6:24:58 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I'll ditto the Smith 442.  Also carried all times is a NAA mini revolver.

De Oppresso Liber

I went to the Gun Store today and I saw the Smith 442, that is a nice gun, I am putting it in my wish list. I recently bought the Kel Tec P32 and too kit to the range last weekend and I had a good time shooting it. Nice little gun, it feels so much better with the extended magazine (10 rounds) and still conceals great.
Link Posted: 5/31/2003 12:23:19 AM EDT
[#24]
I carry a Springfield Ultra Compact that I use for summer carry.

and my wife carries a Kahr K9.

I really like my wifes Kahr.  I shoot it everytime I go out.  I think I may pick one up for myself because its so small, reliable, and has recieved raving reviews from people such as Massad Ayoob.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top