Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/25/2006 7:43:16 PM EDT
And boy, was it beautiful.

I went to the Dallas Market Hall Gun Show and stopped by to see Terry Peters, who owns PT-Partners. He had just received this in and let me handle it. Sitting under the display glass, it was one of the few times I've ever seen Wilsons and Baers look almost "run of the mill" by comparison.

This was one of the finest looking 1911's I've ever had a chance to hold, and certainly one of the most expensive at $4500.00. Like Terry says, you get what you pay for, and with this pistol the attention to detail and the overall finish was just exquisite. I don't know what the wait time is on a Heinie pistol, but I have to believe it's more than a few years for those who have the cash to plunk down for the deposit. Any of you guys own one of Richard Heinie's masterpieces?
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:19:32 PM EDT
[#1]
He's not taking orders any more. According to him he has 7 or 8 years worth of orders now. That is why they are fetching $4500.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:54:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I got lucky and knew a fellow who was selling one.  

Just paid it off with my tax money.

It's very nice.  I thought the way he cut the angles on the sear was outstanding, and have since modified how I do it to his method.  

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:58:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I might also note that my Les Baer PII compares very favorably with my Heinie GC.

I used to be hesisitant about Baer due to all the garbage I read on the errornet, but I'm very much a fan of his work now.

Link Posted: 3/25/2006 9:02:21 PM EDT
[#4]
You're living well, my friend!
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 10:06:30 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I might also note that my Les Baer PII compares very favorably with my Heinie GC.

I used to be hesisitant about Baer due to all the garbage I read on the errornet, but I'm very much a fan of his work now.

Yes, it's funny how real world experience tends to do that.  :D
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 12:55:02 AM EDT
[#6]
I also own a Heinie commander---what  gun.  I am very lucky in that after quite a bit of begging I'll be buying a full house Heinie Colt Govt  this may.   It's  a funny world that we live in where one considers themselves lucky to buy a $4000+  pistol, but I count myself as one of the lucky few able to do so.  I love my SA professional, but it just pales in comparison.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 2:00:33 AM EDT
[#7]
I've got a government model Caspian frame in stainless with a damascus slide in his shop right now. Maybe in a couple of years, he'll finish it. I'm having his full house package done, subbing scallops for checkering, with his magwell. Outta make a nice blaster.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 2:54:51 AM EDT
[#8]
I don't have a full gun done by him, but my on my Combat Commander slide he installed the sights, rounded the sharp edges, and serrated the back of the slide to incluce the extractor. One of my smarter moves regarding a pistol and quite cost efficient.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:16:29 AM EDT
[#9]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top