Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 8/15/2005 11:05:17 PM EDT
I just shot my USP45F for the first time and I absolutely hate the trigger pull. Maybe I am spoiled and got accustomed to my Sig P220's nice, crisp pull. What options are available trigger-wise for my USP?
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 11:09:12 PM EDT
[#1]
match trigger would be the first step.  it's not perfect, but it's usually a pretty good improvement.  my expert is much nicer than my usp .40.

or, get a competant 'smith to do a custom job.  bruce gray i believe is popular on here.  cylinder & slide works on hks and sigs, from what i hear they do good work.  last i spoke with them, they have a 6-month wait, but they only require 50% down i think, and they don't ask for your firearm until they're ready to work on it.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 12:34:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I noticed between my friend's Glock and my USP .40 FS that I like the Glock better. Until I played around more with my USP. The trick for me and the USP is to place the end of the trigger in the first knuckle crease. Much improved trigger pull. Still not the greatest, but it works for me.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:18:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the input guys...I will try the match trig first and see how that goes!
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:16:07 AM EDT
[#4]
If your gun is new, dry fire it about 500 times.  It is not substitute for match trigger, but it will surely smooth things out a bit!
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:18:56 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
If your gun is new, dry fire it about 500 times.  It is not substitute for match trigger, but it will surely smooth things out a bit!

no fun put some lead down range 500 times!
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 7:10:55 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I just shot my USP45F for the first time and I absolutely hate the trigger pull. Maybe I am spoiled and got accustomed to my Sig P220's nice, crisp pull. What options are available trigger-wise for my USP?

No way!

I honestly went to the range today and had some fellow shoot my USP .40 S&W Fullsize and he commented on how much more he liked the trigger of the USP over his SIG P229 in Nine "Mini-Meter". He also seemed to really the like the rough texture. He allowed me to shoot his SIG and I liked the USP trigger alot more. Granted my USP is about 2 years old and his SIG was fairly new so I guess that there is something there.
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 8:14:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Your trigger will get much better with use.

Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top