Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/12/2005 8:50:57 AM EDT
I had a few questions about the Five seven.

Do they make cheap FMJ for it? I want to get one but I'm worried They'll ban all the ammunition shortly after. What are the specs of the 5.7mm round? is it actually 5.7mm? you know how .38 is actually .357, 8mm is 7.92mm, .223 is really .224, witch converts to 5.689mm not 5.56. I'm wondering if you could reload one with .223 bullets.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 10:02:43 AM EDT
[#1]
The 5.7x28 ammo is using a slightly different bullet than the .223 - if I am correct the pistol bullet it actually longer.

No one is making the FMJ as of yet.  There are some rumors about Fiocchi doing so and Reed's Ammunition and Research will release a load at some indefinite point in time after they get a supply of brass.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 1:40:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Hornady will soon be making the 5.7, with a 40gr v-max I believe.
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 1:51:25 PM EDT
[#3]
i saw some for sale on impactguns.com
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 2:41:41 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I had a few questions about the Five seven.

Do they make cheap FMJ for it?

Not yet

I want to get one but I'm worried They'll ban all the ammunition shortly after.

I doubt that is going to happen, but you can always roll your own.

What are the specs of the 5.7mm round? is it actually 5.7mm? you know how .38 is actually .357, 8mm is 7.92mm, .223 is really .224, witch converts to 5.689mm not 5.56. I'm wondering if you could reload one with .223 bullets.

You can. Check the reloading forum. I supplied a fellow member with 10 rounds of 5.7x28 and he developed one load using .224 bullets. Which answers your other question. The bullet is .224. The actual round is supposed to be longer than a regular .224; however, you can use regular .224 to load with. You can also find primed brass at cheaperthandirt.com. I've been told that reloading the brass more than a couple of times isn't advisable due to the shoulder of the case.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top