Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/31/2003 10:06:11 PM EDT
A friend had CZ mags. I am CZ clueless. Today at the range I had a chance to shoot a CZ 85 Combat and a CZ 95.

I loved the 85 Combat. DAMN!

I swung by their website, and see a long list of various models.

Any of you CZ nuts know of any other models I should try before settling on the 85 Combat?

Damn that thing had a sweet ass factory trigger!
Link Posted: 9/1/2003 5:25:32 AM EDT
[#1]
I bought a CZ-75B a few weeks ago and love it.

Welcome to the club.

Link Posted: 9/1/2003 6:18:11 AM EDT
[#2]
CavVet, the 85 Combat is just a 75B with ambi controls.

I'm going to be getting a 75B here in a couple weeks.  I've read a lot about them here and over at THR (thehighroad.org).  Have yet to hear ANYTHING negative about them.  They're accurate and hella reliable.  Feels better in my hand than a Beretta 92.  Full caps are still available (EAA Witness mags work in them).  And the pistols are still inexpensive, but the prices are going UP.  Get one before they're TOO popular and cost as much as a Beretta!!

Link Posted: 9/6/2003 6:01:42 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
A friend had CZ mags. I am CZ clueless. Today at the range I had a chance to shoot a CZ 85 Combat and a CZ 95.

I loved the 85 Combat. DAMN!

I swung by their website, and see a long list of various models.

Any of you CZ nuts know of any other models I should try before settling on the 85 Combat?

Damn that thing had a sweet ass factory trigger!

I own a CZ 75B and it is one of the best handguns I've ever owned. Tough, reliable and accurate. I highly recommend any CZ for anyone who would appreciate quality. If you can find a good deal on one ...BUY IT!!!
thedr
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 1:32:20 PM EDT
[#4]

I call it the Casio G-Shock of guns.

What more do you need?
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 2:34:58 PM EDT
[#5]
What type of grip to you have there mattja?

Hogue?

thinking of getting one for mine.
Link Posted: 9/7/2003 3:45:15 PM EDT
[#6]
I tried the Houges and didn't like the finger grooves.  I hacked off the front panel with a knife and did a little sanding to fit it better.  The result was two rubber grip panels that directly replace the originals.  They have a great feel, and less bulk than the originals.  The grips themselves are hgih quality.  Try them out.  If you like the finger grooves, so much the better.  If you don't, you still aren't out of luck, as you can get rid of them easily.

p.s. It's easier to modify the grips if you freeze them.  Then the rubber's like wood.

Ross
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 5:41:25 AM EDT
[#7]
PVFD, those look like the Hogue wrap around.

Ross, I might have to try what you did with the Hogue grips!  I don't like the finger grooves, but I'd love the rubber panels.  I thought about getting the CZ rubber panels, but might just do the Hogue thing instead!

Did you just cut the fingergrooves off with a razor knife?  Then I take it you froze the two panels and then sanded for final shape?  

Thanks for the info!

I should be getting my CZ this weekend!
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 5:50:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Yup, that's exactly how I did it.  Just take your time and go slow.  

The CZ grip panels only hold on with one screw in an odd spot really.  So don't torque on the screws as hard as you would if you had wooden/plastic panels.  

Once they're on there though, they aren't going anywhere.  It's like a perfect fit, just a hair thicker than flat wood/plastic panels, and they're the perfect texture.  Just tacky enough, but you can still shift your grip with the front panel gone.

Ross
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 6:25:36 AM EDT
[#9]
www.imageseek.com/hakan/welcome.html

Wanna see some CZ GRIPS???
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 10:52:00 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
What type of grip to you have there mattja?

Hogue?

thinking of getting one for mine.

Yes, it's a Hogue. Some of the guys on the CZ forums say the CZ rubber grip is better, but the Hogue is usable. The Hogue doesn't seem to fit real well, but it gets the job done.
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 3:57:57 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a 75B and love it!  I would like to get an 85 sometime in the future "just because".
Link Posted: 9/8/2003 4:13:54 PM EDT
[#12]
I used to have a pair of Uncle Mike's on my TZ-75.  They worked well and didn't add any bulk.  Don't know if they're still made or not.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top