Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2009 4:15:57 PM EDT
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:22:17 PM EDT
[#1]
I saw one of those years ago in a small gun shop in Rapid City South Dakota, I always thought someone with a lot of time of their hands and a Ruger MK1.

Never new it was a factory gun.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 4:59:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Back in the 80's they were advertised with the slogan "Who say's Lightning doesn't strike the same place twice?" or something like that... I thought they got sued by Ruger... Sorry thats all that comes to mind.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 5:52:03 PM EDT
[#3]
there are know as "Baby Automags".
they are more or less one of the lightnings with the fluff on them.
supposedly there were only 1000 of them made in the 80s?

i have a couple.  Ones been shot, the other is cherry.

accuracry was so-so.  but they look nifty tho.

on the one i shot, it didnt like it too much.  the front part of the rib broke its weld/braze and the pulling/gripping part of the bolt broke the weld/brazing. also.  I sent it back for repair once and it held up for a while.  the front weld is okay, but the bolt broke again.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 5:52:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I saw one of those years ago in a small gun shop in Rapid City South Dakota, I always thought someone with a lot of time of their hands and a Ruger MK1.

Never new it was a factory gun.

Would the gun shop happen to be First Stop? I was just in there tonight looking for my next investment.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 8:40:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Linky no worky?

Any help?
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 7:13:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/4/2009 1:15:10 PM EDT
[#7]
They also made a Automag in .22 magnum...it looked pretty cool but mine never would function reliably.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 2:57:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Here's mine.

Link Posted: 11/4/2009 5:11:33 PM EDT
[#9]
I miss my III

30 carbine goodness.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top