Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Posted: 6/12/2007 10:17:28 PM EDT
We are going on vacation and due to luggage space the Mrs. is limiting my to only 2 guns.

The 3 to choose from are my SIG P220, Glock17, and SIG 232.

We'll be in Michigan the first week in July.

What'd ya think?
Link Posted: 6/12/2007 11:24:53 PM EDT
[#1]
What will you be doing there? Let common sense be your guide.

Do you plan on engaging in any recreational shooting? If so, one of your most shootable one(s) should go with

Can you carry in MI? If so, your most concealable should go.

None of the above? If so the one you have the most confidence for self defense should go.
Link Posted: 6/12/2007 11:28:48 PM EDT
[#2]
One of the full sizes, whichever you prefer, and the back up as well.
Link Posted: 6/13/2007 7:03:06 AM EDT
[#3]
OMG! Your taking ONLY handguns? You need at LEAST an AK or an AR with a sawed off shotty for backup. Carry 2 or 3 of the handguns just for good taste though...
Just kidding. I honestly don't see the need in bringing more then one handgun on vacation. (Unless you plan on shooting alot while you are there).  I'd say take either the 220 or the g17.
Link Posted: 6/13/2007 7:53:56 AM EDT
[#4]
you only need one.  the glock.  everything else is just eye-candy.  why? cause it works when you need it to.
Link Posted: 6/13/2007 9:11:32 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
you only need one.  the glock.  everything else is just eye-candy.  why? cause it works when you need it to.

out of

I'd go with , but it wasn't in a "Which 1911/revolver/non-glock would you buy" thread.
Link Posted: 6/13/2007 9:38:54 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Do you plan on engaging in any recreational shooting? If so, one of your most shootable one(s) should go with

None of the above? If so the one you have the most confidence for self defense should go.

We're going for a family reunion. I won't be shooting recreationally and I can carry in MI.
I'm leaning toward big SIG and little SIG. Big SIG for when we're in the Detroit area and the little SIG is very easy to conceal so I can have it on me always.
Link Posted: 6/13/2007 11:43:44 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

We're going for a family reunion. I won't be shooting recreationally and I can carry in MI.
I'm leaning toward big SIG and little SIG. Big SIG for when we're in the Detroit area and the little SIG is very easy to conceal so I can have it on me always.

Big Sig and little Sig is good. Carry them both. A BUG is not a BUG if it's not with you.
Link Posted: 6/13/2007 11:44:38 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Just kidding. I honestly don't see the need in bringing more then one handgun on vacation.

Yeah, cause Murphy's Law doesn't apply while you're on vacation.
Link Posted: 6/13/2007 2:32:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Lots of people get hit on vacation cause people notice the out of state plates, or rental car, and figure they have cash on them.
Link Posted: 6/13/2007 4:08:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Glock and P232

something big, something BUG
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 9:32:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Some of these threads amaze me.  If you are worried enough that you think you need to take more than 1 gun with you, maybe you shouldn't be going there?  It's supposed to be a vacation, not a week in a war zone.  Pack the 232, it will get in the way the least.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 9:35:49 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Some of these threads amaze me.  If you are worried enough that you think you need to take more than 1 gun with you, maybe you shouldn't be going there?  It's supposed to be a vacation, not a week in a war zone.  Pack the 232, it will get in the way the least.

Some of us consider a vacation a time of increased readiness, when we wear 5.11 tactical "shoot-me" black, and blend in with the shadows of the local Dunkin.  We put tell tales in our hotel rooms and look for electronic bugs in as well.  

[tinfoil]
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 9:49:52 AM EDT
[#13]
When I pack on vacation it is the smallest gun I feel comfortable carying...  for me, I carry the Glock 26 when we are away especually this time of the year.  

If you bring the full sized, will it end up in your room or place you are staying and what happens if it get's stolen?
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 9:52:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 9:53:33 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I'd take only the glock.

wow, the end of the world must be around the corner...just messin around mr SGB (but i figured you would have opted for the Sig 1st!)
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 9:54:05 AM EDT
[#16]
We've gone on vacation with the family to San Antone several times this year. I always take at least two .45s and a .38, my fiance has one .45, my FIL takes a .45 and a .380, and my fiance's brother takes a .45.

And I answer every knock at the hotel room door with my hand on my pistol.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 5:05:05 PM EDT
[#17]
I'm going on my honeymoon in July and I'm taking two fullsize 1911's and as much ammo as I can hide.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 7:21:33 PM EDT
[#18]
I think i would kep both Sigs on me in the Detroit area.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 7:43:10 PM EDT
[#19]
i head to Hell Michigan at the end of July each year and i have the same choice. i carry my P220 all the time and have the P232 either in my glove box or my wife carries it.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 10:47:31 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I think i would kep both Sigs on me in the Detroit area.

Yep, plus if the S really HTF, I have one to hand off to the wife.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 10:49:52 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
We are going on vacation and due to luggage space the Mrs. is limiting my to only 2 guns.

The 3 to choose from are my SIG P220, Glock17, and SIG 232.

We'll be in Michigan the first week in July.

What'd ya think?

Michigan first week of july. Its going to be hot and humid. Leave the P220 home.
Link Posted: 6/15/2007 10:54:11 PM EDT
[#22]
When i travel its by car. On the last family vacation i carried my Glock 26 on me and two M4's with 16 loaded mags in their pelican cases in the back. Thats just for the road. Have plenty of guns stashed at the destinations. But then my vacartions always include some trips to the range and hunting.
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 11:30:04 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I'd take only the glock.

Oh

My  

GOD!

[Fre­dSanford] I'm comin' to see ya Ethel! This is the big one![/FredSanford]
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 12:59:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 6/17/2007 9:49:40 PM EDT
[#25]

based on his three to pick from I'd take the Glock as it would be the one I got the least pissed about the Airlines Loosing.

hmmm....never thought about that....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top