Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 1/7/2006 7:13:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/8/2006 12:20:34 PM EDT by BusMaster007]
Short story long:
My Best Freind ( Prospector here on AR15.com ) completed a trade we'd made a couple of years ago and completely set me up for a surprise of a lifetime today.
Here's what I got:

I had no idea we went to the gun shop for this.
Shocked, was I...! Happy I am...!

MkVII .44
Made in Israel
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:47:34 AM EDT
Nice!

Hows she shoot for ya?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:53:48 AM EDT
Dessert Eagles are nice shooting guns. I had one myself. I used it here in Wisconsin for deer hunting. Congrats!!hail.gif
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:15:47 AM EDT

Originally Posted By hooks:
Dessert Eagles are nice shooting guns. I had one myself. I used it here in Wisconsin for deer hunting. Congrats!!

Howd ya do?

Have you been to the wisconsin hometown forum yet? if not stop on by.
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:17:49 PM EDT

Originally Posted By photoman:
Nice!

Hows she shoot for ya?

Don't know YET...I got another NICS delay...
The shop let me bring home everything but the frame with the serial# on it, though!
So, I'll pick up the 'gun' in a couple/three days and bring the rest with me so I can leave the shop with the WHOLE THING.
I also got a brochure to look into the NICS delay situation so I can get that problem resolved for future purchases.
I'll post as soon as I get a chance to shoot the new toy!

I've already got a Hogue fingergroove grip ordered, and I'm looking to get either Trijicon night sights ( adjustable, IF I could find them as seen in the 1995 catalog ) or fixed if I'm forced to.
I'd prefer to have an adjustable rear sight on this gun, for some reason.
The Millett set is 'OK', but I'm not sold on it yet other than the lower cost. Orange front, W/O adj. rear.
There's another set I 'googled' up that looks like it uses the factory front sight.
Will keep you posted!
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:19:50 PM EDT

Dessert Eagles are nice shooting guns. I had one myself. I used it here in Wisconsin for deer hunting. Congrats!!hail.gif

Howd ya do?

Where is it?
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:22:15 AM EDT

Dessert Eagles are nice shooting guns. I had one myself. I used it here in Wisconsin for deer hunting. Congrats!!

Howd ya do?

Where is it?

Here is a link

If you look up along the top part of the screen there is a tab marked hometown, click that and it lists all the states/regions and such.
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 6:26:16 AM EDT

Originally Posted By BusMaster007:

Nice!

Hows she shoot for ya?

Don't know YET...I got another NICS delay...
The shop let me bring home everything but the frame with the serial# on it, though!
So, I'll pick up the 'gun' in a couple/three days and bring the rest with me so I can leave the shop with the WHOLE THING.
I also got a brochure to look into the NICS delay situation so I can get that problem resolved for future purchases.
I'll post as soon as I get a chance to shoot the new toy!

I've already got a Hogue fingergroove grip ordered, and I'm looking to get either Trijicon night sights ( adjustable, IF I could find them as seen in the 1995 catalog ) or fixed if I'm forced to.
I'd prefer to have an adjustable rear sight on this gun, for some reason.
The Millett set is 'OK', but I'm not sold on it yet other than the lower cost. Orange front, W/O adj. rear.
There's another set I 'googled' up that looks like it uses the factory front sight.
Will keep you posted!

Man that sucks on the delay.

If it helps meprolight makes some adjustable nightsights for the Desert Eagle part number ML-29596.

Link Posted: 1/13/2006 6:31:29 PM EDT
Well, I got it and shot it...!
Excellent experience.

I found that MEPROLIGHT part, too. Thanks for providing the part#.

One guy on the Desert Eagle Forum said he was changing from that adjustable set to a fixed Trijicon set because the Trijicon looked brighter.
I'm tempted to go with a plain, black, adjustable target sight from Precision Sights Int'l. and call it good.
It's only about $70.00 and will do the trick for getting different loads sighted in...
www.precisionsights.com/trt.html

Then again, I have a THING for "Hogue & Trijicon".
I'd just have to pick a particular ammo for the DE44 and stick with it if I go with the fixed sights.
www.trijicon.com/user/parts/parts_new.cfm?categoryID=7#5

I hate being indecisive...
Link Posted: 1/18/2006 7:11:32 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/22/2006 1:14:55 PM EDT by PromptCritical]
You can't go wrong with the Hogue grips. If Hogue makes a grip for one of my guns, I have it.

Nice holster. You gonna CCW that monster?

ETA: Order a "spring recharge kit". You will need it sooner or later. It even comes with a replacement extractor pin. Good thing too. I was having extraction problems. thought the spring went bad. Took it apart, and the pin was broken. Works great now, except for the below problem.

Also, you might wanna loc-tite the threads on the safety. I didn't and the damn things drifted out from recoil all the time. I tightened them down so many times they are now stripped.

ETA: Just got a quote on the screws. $15.00 each! They didn't even say if that included the chrome finish I need. I'll have to call and find out. By the looks of them, I doubt I could find any that would work at the local hardware store. I think I'll check anyway.

Another edit: Looked for screws. Nothing even close. Seems they use some sort of screwy (pun intended) thread pitch.
Link Posted: 1/21/2006 6:23:28 AM EDT
Thanks for the tips, PromptCritical.
I'm the same way with Hogue products, even on my shotgun and a couple of rifles...
CCW would be too Hollywood, but I did try the rig on fully loaded. A tad bit heavy, unless it's for hunting or hiking.
Top Top