It is an M&P 9 w/ threaded barrel and other goodies
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 11:00:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Would look a lot better without the "Spec Ops" laser engraved on the slide
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 11:29:05 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Noting a little Birchwood Casey touchup pen can't hide.

Their regular is $440. This is $570. Hmm... $130 for a third mag and threaded barrel. Not so bad. :-)
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 1:01:18 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Noting a little Birchwood Casey touchup pen can't hide.

Their regular is $440. This is $570. Hmm... $130 for a third mag and threaded barrel. Not so bad. :-)

gotta love economics
Link Posted: 7/19/2008 5:28:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I'll probably try and get one for the stable but first I have to decide whether I should get one of these or the new M&P45c.
Link Posted: 7/20/2008 2:26:46 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I agree. Background - word from a m&p guy (ToddG) at another forum:

"Word I got back from S&W: It was a special limited run (500) done for Sport South, a major distributor in the firearms industry. It's a legit factory-made gun."
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 7:56:06 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree. Background - word from a m&p guy (ToddG) at another forum:

"Word I got back from S&W: It was a special limited run (500) done for Sport South, a major distributor in the firearms industry. It's a legit factory-made gun."

Just saw one here locally but the price was higher.  It may be my first M&P.
Link Posted: 7/21/2008 6:12:45 PM EDT
[#7]
I've been lusting for this but the SPEC OPS looks like shit.

More stupidity in the firearms industry.

People can't make the correct decision when the answers are right in front of them.

Atleast they used the correct 13.5x1 LH threads instead of .5x28 bottom feeding trash.

It only took an American company 30 fucking years to release a factory threaded pistol.
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 11:00:40 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I've been lusting for this but the SPEC OPS looks like shit.

More stupidity in the firearms industry.

People can't make the correct decision when the answers are right in front of them.

Atleast they used the correct 13.5x1 LH threads instead of .5x28 bottom feeding trash.

It only took an American company 30 fucking years to release a factory threaded pistol.

Don't be mad brah!
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 11:40:01 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

At least they used the odd euro 13.5x1lh so it matches up with NONE of my current suppressors...
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 3:15:45 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

At least they used the odd euro 13.5x1lh so it matches up with NONE of my current suppressors...

The metric threads are the standard threads for 9mm.  Any decent suppressor company makes their 9mm silencer in these threads.

.5x28 came about because this is a standard thread found in a hardware store and people could do this in their shop.  This is where this came from.  It is not a very good technical solution either because there is less support between the suppressor and barrel.

Link Posted: 7/22/2008 3:25:23 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The metric threads are the standard threads for 9mm.  Any decent suppressor company makes their 9mm silencer in these threads.

.5x28 came about because this is a standard thread found in a hardware store and people could do this in their shop.  This is where this came from.  It is not a very good technical solution either because there is less support between the suppressor and barrel.

which one is less, the 13.5 or the .5?
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:36:04 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What do you mean?
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 5:49:07 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What do you mean?

Think he meant which has less support for the suppressor, the 1/2x28 or the 13.5x1lh
Link Posted: 7/22/2008 6:34:15 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What do you mean?

Think he meant which has less support for the suppressor, the 1/2x28 or the 13.5x1lh

.5x28
Link Posted: 7/24/2008 5:21:55 PM EDT
[#15]
I want one in .45. Might get a 9mm, but I'd rather have one in .45.
Link Posted: 8/12/2008 3:24:57 PM EDT
[#16]
U can get the barrels from S&W from what I understand, but alot of cans wont shoulder on the barrel...Gemtechs fit fine, but alot of others dont...something with the threads is screwy
Link Posted: 8/13/2008 10:34:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Yeah.. from what I hear the stock AAC Evo piston doesn't fit, but supposedly the Gemtech clone of it does. SWR expressed doubt that their metric thread cans would fit with that odd step at the rear of the treads too.

I would own one already if the threads had been cut to normal specs.

Hey S&W -- would fixing the threading count as a warranty job?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top