Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/23/2004 8:40:30 AM EDT
I FOUND NIB GLOCKS FOR $399 at the following sight:

Clyde Armory

I'm not sure if he will sell them to non-LEO's at this price... but now that the ban is over... LEO handguns are no different than civilian ones right???? So why wouldn't he give us the same price.

I have all the glocks I need... and appearently over paid for them. Maybe you guys can take advantage of this find. I hope so... Glocks for cheap.... everyone wins... always glad to propagate the sale of cheap guns to fellow ARFCOMers.

Good Luck

Link Posted: 9/23/2004 1:16:38 PM EDT
[#1]
It might be a volume discount though, I would imagine LE would not purchase one glock and 4 mags, but rather out fight a force with them, like 40 glocks and 200 mags or something.

Jack
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 2:55:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Actually, my understanding is that Glock discounts LE guns to the distributor, so then the discount gets passed along.  It doesn't have anything to do with the magazines, or anything different in the guns themselves.  Glock also (to the best of my knowledge) requires some kind of proof of the buyers status.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:13:57 PM EDT
[#3]
actually it should have to do with the gov. not having to pay the excise tax that civvies do
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 9:00:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Everytime I look at a LE supplier, I feel the need to move to the middle of nowhere (so I can afford the land) and make a town with a police force.  The only taxation would be a voluntary "full auto purchase fund" one, and everyone gets deputized.  Place of residence: ARFCOM, <Alaska? Montana?>.  Occupation: Brass Recycling Production.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 9:08:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Just FYI, those are LEO prices only.  That store is local for me.  They said their supplier will not allow the sale of glocks to anyone but LEO/military.  Clyde's Armory is where our police dept gets all of their stuff.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 9:17:02 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Everytime I look at a LE supplier, I feel the need to move to the middle of nowhere (so I can afford the land) and make a town with a police force.  The only taxation would be a voluntary "full auto purchase fund" one, and everyone gets deputized.  Place of residence: ARFCOM, <Alaska? Montana?>.  Occupation: Brass Recycling Production.

There was a town for sale in CA on ebay a while ago going for  $1 million that was just north of Vacaville... but what gun owner would want to move to CA. Then again... as an LEO u could get around all their anti-gun laws.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 9:17:37 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Just FYI, those are LEO prices only.  That store is local for me.  They said their supplier will not allow the sale of glocks to anyone but LEO/military.  Clyde's Armory is where our police dept gets all of their stuff.

Bummer... oh well. Sorry guys.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 9:49:55 AM EDT
[#8]
I bought an LEO Glock about a year ago for like $400.  My FFL had to keep the mags though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top