Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 4/15/2006 8:14:27 AM EST
I have a PT145
I have been looking for a IWB holster but i think it would be kind of big to carry.
With kids hanging on me/pick me up type age.
I like the .45 cal, so what front pocket carry would be effective?
Is front or back pocket bad idea?
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 6:04:09 AM EST
I carry a .45 Kimber Ultra Carry II (3" barrel) in my right front pocket and the spare mag in my left. I wear pants 1 size larger and have plenty of room and the gun doesn't print when I sit down.

Learned a good lesson the other day - NEVER put loose change in the same pocket as the gun or mag. The other day I was at the range and a friend wanted to see if a yaqui slide would fit a 1911. I took out my Kimber (facing downrange) and there was a dime wedged between the thumb saftey and the frame. Took both hands to get it unstuck. This could have been a serious problem. No more change in that pocket for me.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 7:29:31 AM EST
IWB for primary gun (imo)
best overall position to carry it whether you are sitting or standing

if you carry a pocket gun, get a POCKET HOLSTER for it!
dont put other crap in the same pocket

i would put it in the front....the rear pocket can be kinda tough to get a hold of while sitting as well as be a PITA; someone might also try to grab it if they see it print--watch the 6
front pocket carry can also print a little or become hard to draw from while sitting

i'd carry pocket for a BUG gun
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:19:54 AM EST

Originally Posted By ALPHAGHOST:
if you carry a pocket gun, get a POCKET HOLSTER for it!
dont put other crap in the same pocket

I've never used a pocket holster for my 340, but i'm thinking about it because the front site wore through both my pocket and the pants. Thats one thing I didn't think about when not using a pocket holster.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 3:25:27 PM EST
Where to find a pocket holster?
Top Top