Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/15/2006 9:14:27 AM EDT
I have a PT145
I have been looking for a IWB holster but i think it would be kind of big to carry.
With kids hanging on me/pick me up type age.
I like the .45 cal, so what front pocket carry would be effective?
Is front or back pocket bad idea?
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 7:04:09 AM EDT
[#1]
I carry a .45 Kimber Ultra Carry II (3" barrel) in my right front pocket and the spare mag in my left.  I wear pants 1 size larger and have plenty of room and the gun doesn't print when I sit down.

Learned a good lesson the other day - NEVER put loose change in the same pocket as the gun or mag.  The other day I was at the range and a friend wanted to see if a yaqui slide would fit a 1911.  I took out my Kimber (facing downrange) and there was a dime wedged between the thumb saftey and the frame.  Took both hands to get it unstuck. This could have been a serious problem.  No more change in that pocket for me.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 8:29:31 AM EDT
[#2]
IWB for primary gun (imo)
best overall position to carry it whether you are sitting or standing

if you carry a pocket gun, get a POCKET HOLSTER for it!
dont put other crap in the same pocket

i would put it in the front....the rear pocket can be kinda tough to get a hold of while sitting as well as be a PITA; someone might also try to grab it if they see it print--watch the 6
front pocket carry can also print a little or become hard to draw from while sitting

i'd carry pocket for a BUG gun
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 9:19:54 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
if you carry a pocket gun, get a POCKET HOLSTER for it!
dont put other crap in the same pocket

I've never used a pocket holster for my 340, but i'm thinking about it because the front site wore through both my pocket and the pants.  Thats one thing I didn't think about when not using a pocket holster.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 4:25:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Where to find a pocket holster?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top