Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/5/2006 5:14:55 AM EDT
Hello - I am about to start shooting IPSC at my gun club. I have decided to use either my Sig 220 ST or my HK Tactical to sart out with. Both guns are legal in IPSC - Can anyone give me some advice about which gun would be best? I am farily profeccient with both - although the 220 has a sligtly quicker draw since it is smaller.

Thanks
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:22:46 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/5/2006 5:55:18 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Hello - I am about to start shooting IPSC at my gun club. I have decided to use either my Sig 220 ST or my HK Tactical to sart out with. Both guns are legal in IPSC - Can anyone give me some advice about which gun would be best? I am farily profeccient with both - although the 220 has a sligtly quicker draw since it is smaller.

Thanks

You could probably shoot the 220ST in Limited 10 if you got the extended 10 round mags from SIG.  You'll be at a disadvantage if you tried to shoot it in Production since in Production your power factor requirement is only a 125 power factor (9mm makes it) with you shooting .45ACP (which is usually about 190).  To be competitive you'll want to shoot a 9mm pistol in Production and a .40 cal pistol in Limited, Limited basically says you can have any number of rounds in your mags but the mags can't be over 140mm in length.  And you can't use optics or have compensators in Limited.  Limited 10 has the same rules but you can only have 10 rounds in your mags.  www.uspsa.com
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top