Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/26/2006 6:24:56 PM EDT
I saw some Beaver tail add ons on some web site cant remember which one, has anyone used these ? they come in three versions, duty, comp1 comp2  they are like a 1911 style beaver tail i think it would be ideal on my G19 and G17L which i use in competition shoots localy?

has anybody tried these?
do they affect the legendary glock reliabilty do to the fact they use the Pin on the frame to hold them on?

give me info
thanks guys
Glockster19
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:36:50 PM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:41:14 PM EDT
[#2]
For what purpose?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:42:30 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

+1

shouldn't decrease reliability
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 9:00:46 PM EDT
[#4]
here is the link to the web site i think it would help the fit and also improve muzzle flip

what do you guys think worth a try its cheap enough

http://www.smartlock.com/products-r.htm
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:34:15 AM EDT
[#5]
I have one of these on my 21C that I only use for comp.  
It gives a slight improvement on muzzle flip, but it also makes it difficult to hit the slide release on a speed reload.  
I had to dremmel the dogshit out of it to make releasing the slide using my thumb fast again.  
That and I got rid of the wing on the other side entierly, just didn't feel right when I was off-hand shooting.
I have installed these on a couple of friends' guns, they both are 1911'ers, and don't use the slide release anyway.
There were no problems with reliability.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:37:56 AM EDT
[#6]
Considering that beavertails were designed to preent hammer bite, and Glocks don't have hammers, I don't see the logic behind a beavertail for the Glock.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 1:15:20 PM EDT
[#7]
they also wrap around the top part of your hand  and can help witht he feel of the weapon in your hands and also can help no matter how small with holding mussxle jump down .
go to the link and read and view about them makes sense

might not be everyones taste but i seem to like them
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 2:53:36 PM EDT
[#8]
I have one on my 34 that I use for steel plate shoots.  You guys seem to be missing the point.  This is not designed to give the Glock a beavertail.  It is designed with thumb rests for those who use a high handhold grip while shooting.  It is meant to give your thumb a place to rest so you do not inadvertently lock your slide to the rear on a loaded mag or to keep you from "unlocking the slide on an empty mag.

I also got rid of the weak side tab.  Dug into my trigger finger.  Annoying as hell.  All in all, I like mine for competition.  Would not put one on a carry gun as it will widen the guns imprint.
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 3:22:15 PM EDT
[#9]
We aren't missing the point, because the part you are talking about is not a beavertail unto itself.  It is actually a form of beavertail with the thumb rest that can be used in a competition capability.  A beaver tail for the sake of having a beaver tail on a Glock does not make sense as there is no need for protection from a hammer.

Quoted:
I have one on my 34 that I use for steel plate shoots.  You guys seem to be missing the point.  This is not designed to give the Glock a beavertail.  It is designed with thumb rests for those who use a high handhold grip while shooting.  It is meant to give your thumb a place to rest so you do not inadvertently lock your slide to the rear on a loaded mag or to keep you from "unlocking the slide on an empty mag.

I also got rid of the weak side tab.  Dug into my trigger finger.  Annoying as hell.  All in all, I like mine for competition.  Would not put one on a carry gun as it will widen the guns imprint.

Link Posted: 2/27/2006 4:30:03 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Considering that beavertails were designed to preent hammer bite, and Glocks don't have hammers, I don't see the logic behind a beavertail for the Glock.

Stop with the logic, damn it.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:10:35 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
We aren't missing the point, because the part you are talking about is not a beavertail unto itself.  It is actually a form of beavertail with the thumb rest that can be used in a competition capability.  A beaver tail for the sake of having a beaver tail on a Glock does not make sense as there is no need for protection from a hammer.

Yeah actually you are.  Your so-called beavertail is the part that allows the thumbrests to be mounted to a Glock...the reason for installing one of these.  Stick to being an "H53Expert".

By the way... I hope the H53 doesn't refer to that Sikorsky piece of shit helicopter.
Link Posted: 2/28/2006 7:24:14 PM EDT
[#12]
That would in fact be the same loud, leaking, stinky, always broke piece of shit that Sikorsky makes.  But you know what, even now that I am out, it's paying the bills.

Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah actually you are.  Your so-called beavertail is the part that allows the thumbrests to be mounted to a Glock...the reason for installing one of these.  Stick to being an "H53Expert".

By the way... I hope the H53 doesn't refer to that Sikorsky piece of shit helicopter.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top