Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2006 7:39:26 AM EDT
When I go to the gym I usually wear my gym clothes home. Every now and then I'll stop at the grocery store for some shopping on the way home. Problem is I have to change into jeans because my gym pants can't hold the weight of my G26/IWB.

Anyone else here that goes to the gym and has this kind of problem? What would be a good solution for carrying while wearing gym clothes?
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 2:18:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I am thinking about getting a belly band to carry my Kahr PM9 at the gym.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:19:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Fanny pack.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:20:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Belly band if you want to be discrete.  Fanny pack if you want everyone to know.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:29:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Check out the new CamelBak Demon. I'm getting one. It has a Concealed carry spot at the bottom of it but otherwise looks like a harmless, non-tactical back pack.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:33:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Thicker gym clothes? I always wore regular shorts to work out.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 5:59:18 PM EDT
[#6]
I always see a guy at the gym with one of the zip up soft cases that comes with the Kel-Tec pistols. He wears it on his belt and it's bright blue with "Kel-Tec" printed right on the front. Pretty discreet.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 6:15:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Just don't be like the guy I saw the other day.  He was wearing jean cut-offs and had a fannypack.  I saw the fanny pack and the first thing that popped into my head was, uh, gun?  That and he had no sense of fashion . . .

Seriously, I sweat too much to even think about wearing a belly band at the gym.  Besides, it's just not feasible when on the machines, at least for me anyway.  I have thought about a gym bag or something but that always means there is a possibility of it being swipped.  
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 7:38:03 PM EDT
[#8]
anytime I wear clothes that have an elastic waistband I use a Thunderwear holster it works very well with that type of clothing
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:19:10 PM EDT
[#9]
Yea I tend to agree on the fanny pack as no go.   Also I sweat too much for a belly band while working out. However it would work good before/after I work out which is what I was mainly looking for.

I may also look at new gym clothes that hold up better around the waist.

That camel back backpack looks very interesting. It would probably be great for hiking, and hunting for long distance. I would probably get looks walking into Walmart with it though. They might think I'm trying to steal somthing. It looks like it would be possible to carry concealed with a 33rd mag loaded.

Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:21:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Don't laugh but when I run I wear my North American Arms mini .22mag revolver on a neck chain holster under my sweats.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 8:33:53 PM EDT
[#11]
I carry a Glock 27 in a Galco Bellyband under sweats.  It's really comfortable.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:25:46 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Don't laugh but when I run I wear my North American Arms mini .22mag revolver on a neck chain holster under my sweats.

I'm laughing because I thought about that many times. I've wanted one of those for the longest time. I just don't think I would feel good using a .22 mag especially SAO. I guess it would still be better than a butter knife.

I noticed they added  .17 Mach2 and .17 HMR to their line of revolvers also.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 9:30:17 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Not laughing at all...........those NAA pistols deserve more credit than they get.  They really fill a niche that your Glock 27 or S&W 642 doesn't.  

Good job.  I need one myself.  
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 4:51:57 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

That camel back backpack looks very interesting. It would probably be great for hiking, and hunting for long distance. I would probably get looks walking into Walmart with it though. They might think I'm trying to steal somthing. It looks like it would be possible to carry concealed with a 33rd mag loaded.

I'm getting the Camelbak for when I'm doing touristy stuff in the summer and its hot. This way I can walk around, be totally inconspicious in shorts and a tshirt. I can conceal well in just shorts and a tshirt normally but it can get uncomfortable.

It also has many other applications IMO, like weapon storage when you're not at home, in the car etc.

I have something else with me hunting.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 4:18:57 AM EDT
[#15]
For after your workout, get a cheap nylon rigger style belt, and use whatever regular holster you like.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:09:30 AM EDT
[#16]
When I do my running (trail at local park) I carry my gun in a fanny pack along with my ID, CCW license, cell phone, keys and maybe another item or two.
Sure fanny packs may scream "GUN!" to some folk but to others it is just a way to carry their stuff about.
Carry a holster and everyone will know you have a gun, carry a fanny pack and they will think you *might* have one.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:14:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Fanny packs definitely have their place.  How about a track warm-up jacket with an interior pocket?  Some, like Nike, are fairly ruggedly made and the fabric is thicker.  
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:35:32 AM EDT
[#18]
how about one of the "planner" style holsters?  Looks like the small franklin planner, wouldn't be totally out of place if coming from a gym....could be your work out log... make it look distressed and put some workout type stickers on the outside.

carry it in one hand, leave the zipper open on the butt end where you can reach in and pull the gun out?

No Expert
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:38:19 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I always see a guy at the gym with one of the zip up soft cases that comes with the Kel-Tec pistols. He wears it on his belt and it's bright blue with "Kel-Tec" printed right on the front. Pretty discreet.

I don't think anyone but you in that room knew what Kel-Tec is.  That's pretty funny though.

I have effectively concealed a Kel-Tec P11 in a $10 Uncle Mike's holster, in a gym.  That's only when lifting, however--not running.  I have yet to find a comfortable way to carry while running.  I also wore long shirts so that it would remain concealed when doing chin-ups.  
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 8:38:05 PM EDT
[#20]
I carried a SS Taurus m85 in a belly band when i would leave the gym. As far as while i worked out i left it in my gym bag on the floor next to me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top