Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/23/2003 10:30:50 AM EDT
I've got a new G26. How do you take the damn mags apart? The book says squeeze the sides, but nothing happens..... Thanks!
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 2:36:07 PM EDT
[#1]
On the newer mags, you have to push the pin in the hole on the base plate and while squeezing the sides, slide the base plate off.  This takes quite a bit of force to accomplish.  I usually use a small squeeze clamp to make this a bit easier.
Link Posted: 6/23/2003 2:39:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Some more instructions.

What you will need:
Safety glasses
Magazine
Hard surface (desk, tool bench etc.)
3/32 punch or any other "rod" that will fit in the floorplate hole.æ You can improvise and use a wood dowel, pen, small screwdriver, etc.

Step 1.
After putting on safety glasses grasp the mag in your right hand with the bottom pointing up (floorplate on thumb side of hand).

Step 2.
With your left hand insert punch (or similar object) into the hole of the outer floorplate and depress the retainer (inner floorplate)

Step 3.
While depressing the retainer press one of the rear corners of the outer floorplate against a desktop, or similar hard surface.æ The outer floorplate will slide past the "ears" of the mag body.

Step 4.
Remove punch and *carefully* slide outer floorplate all the way off.æ Be very careful when doing this as the retainer and spring can come flying out of the mag body at high speed.

Link Posted: 6/23/2003 4:52:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Most of the time I just hose them out with Gunscrubber.  About twice a year I use pliers to pull the floorplate off.  You might want to put a towel over it first though to keep the teeth from cutting into the plastic.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top