Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/16/2008 9:25:39 PM EDT
I bought a couple of pinky extensions for my Glock 26 but I can't get the freakin' mags apart. I think I might have broke one mag :\

Separate question. I have a Glock 26 for carry, also thinking about a 19/23. Should I get the 19 or 23 and why?

May plan on suppressing a 9mm down the road...
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 10:53:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Look on the " i finally broke down...G26" thread, it has a youtube link on how to do it. I was in your same boat.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 1:21:07 AM EDT
[#2]
Simple answer, the 23. It holds 13+1 and can hold some good quality 500FT lbs of energy hollow points. Its an all around winning package.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 8:36:13 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Simple answer, the 23. It holds 13+1 and can hold some good quality 500FT lbs of energy hollow points. Its an all around winning package.

Or, one could say that the simple answer is the 19 because of magazine and ammunition commonality, and in light of the fact that current ballistic tests suggest that a good quality 9mm JHP performs just as well as a .40 JHP.
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 10:31:52 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I bought a couple of pinky extensions for my Glock 26 but I can't get the freakin' mags apart. I think I might have broke one mag :\

Separate question. I have a Glock 26 for carry, also thinking about a 19/23. Should I get the 19 or 23 and why?

May plan on suppressing a 9mm down the road...

I would get a G17 for suppressing, since you carry the 26.  

I carry a G19 and have a suppressed G17.  I like the larger gun with the suppressor (feels better in the hand) plus you can use a factory G34 barrel on the G17, which I prefer over the aftermarket G19 barrels.  

But do whatever floats your boat.  

I personally try to keep all calibers the same for ease of buying ammo and ability to use G17 mags in both pistols.  YMMV
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 10:43:30 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

What 40 load has 500ft/lbs of energy?
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 9:22:51 PM EDT
[#6]
So I guess it's a toss up between the G19/23 then...

Can anyone recommend good IWB/OWB concealment holsters for Glock pistols? I was considering looking at the MTAC...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top