Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/9/2003 5:32:19 PM EDT
I am not sure I used the correct term. Essentially, if I have a Sig p226 where the finish is worn from holster wear and use and I was wondering approximately how much $$ would it cost to refinish (?) it and make it look relatively new again.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/9/2003 6:03:52 PM EDT
lauer custom did the slide on my 226 for $65, and that included disassy'ing the small parts on it. frame might not cost much IF you can take it apart yourself and ship it bare. otherwise you;d be paying a bunch of labor charges.

the finish? perfect. markings are still quite crisp. looks cool in OD green with the black frame underneath.
Link Posted: 8/10/2003 9:19:31 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/10/2003 9:24:17 AM EDT by L1teWork]
That depends on the finish. Sig's finish isn't the best in the world, so most of the newer coatings will be better (DiamondKote, Robar, Hardchrome) but more expensive w/ a long lead time (4-6 weeks). Whatever you decide, just remember it'll cost you ~40 bucks to ship the pistol. I spent $150 dollars (included return shipping) to hard chrome one of my pistols, less polymer frame, plus $40 dollars to ship it overnight (from VA to TX) via UPS.
Top Top