Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » H&K
Posted: 3/25/2006 12:44:32 PM EDT
Inspired in part by this thread (Why keep the grip safety?), how many of you would like to see HK incorporate the forward grip safety from the P7M8/P7M13 series into their other pistols, as opposed to the traditional safeties found now?

I for one, would certainly go for something like that, with a single action trigger of course.

Justin  
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 3:01:12 PM EDT
[#1]
My thumb safety works just fine.  
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 6:54:52 PM EDT
[#2]
One of the reasons the P7 series of pistols was discontinued was because of high production costs, much of which was directly related to the relatively complicated grip cocking mechanism.  Why on Earth would they want to put that in a new gun which would up the cost even more on a gun that many consider to be a bit "on the high side" already?  I think adding a grip cocker on a new line of pistols would be a mistake.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 4:36:04 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
One of the reasons the P7 series of pistols was discontinued was because of high production costs, much of which was directly related to the relatively complicated grip cocking mechanism.  Why on Earth would they want to put that in a new gun which would up the cost even more on a gun that many consider to be a bit "on the high side" already?  I think adding a grip cocker on a new line of pistols would be a mistake.

Well, I have heard the P7 series described as intuitive to use, largely because of the grip cocking feature.  I wouldn't mind the high cost associated with incorporating a grip cocking feature into a standard capacity HK pistol.

Oh well, it was just a thought.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 4:39:58 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

+1

and the thing I like it that I can transition from the USP to the 1911 (and viceversa) and safeties are the same.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 5:31:59 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well, I have heard the P7 series described as intuitive to use, largely because of the grip cocking feature.  I wouldn't mind the high cost associated with incorporating a grip cocking feature into a standard capacity HK pistol.

Oh well, it was just a thought.

What benefit would a safe firearm handler get from it??
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 3:49:57 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+1

and the thing I like it that I can transition from the USP to the 1911 (and viceversa) and safeties are the same.

+1 right back at ya.

I'm probably going to tape my grip safety down anyways.  Doesn't do anything if the firearm is dropped, and my high grip has actually caused it to not fire a few times.  Since I replaced my kimber firing pin with a real one, my series 2 has been disabled anyways...so I might as well ditch the grip safety.
As you can tell, I'm a big fan of the thumb safety.

Page Handguns » H&K
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top