Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/31/2006 3:41:30 PM EDT
Smith and Wessons Customer Service? I had to use it a while back and it was great, but I have noticed a lot of people are useing it, which makes me wonder if their having their share of problems or if they just sale so many guns that is actually a small percentage?
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 3:50:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I sent them a POS Sigma SW9M and it was still a POS when I got it back.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 4:29:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I have had 6 smiths and currently have 4 and none have gone back to S&W.  They have very good customer service.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 4:38:02 PM EDT
[#3]
I bet a lot of the older S&W 'smiths are taking some retirement, leaving a bit of backlog for the new dudes to catch up on.

The times I've used them, S&W's customer service was top-notch, almost (but not quite) a Brownells.............    
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 5:00:36 PM EDT
[#4]
My one and only experience with S&W's customer service was top notch.

I bought a used 629 Classic Hunter, after firing it the first time I found that it had some serious timing problems. I sent it back, about 10 days later it was timed perfectly, and cleaned up like new. All free of charge. Couldn't ask for better service IMHO.
Link Posted: 10/31/2006 8:13:57 PM EDT
[#5]
649 went back twice.  1st time DA would not work and it came back better than before it had problems.  2nd time it got a new barrel for shaving lead.  Good service.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 1:02:29 AM EDT
[#6]
New 686 had to go back for a minor drag problem on the cylender. Had it back fixed right in 6 days.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 6:12:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Have owned over 30 or so Smiths over the years and none of them ever had to go back.

CD
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 12:47:43 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Have owned over 30 or so Smiths over the years and none of them ever had to go back.

CD

Have you ever considered shooting them some????????????      
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top