Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/27/2002 5:22:51 PM EDT
How hard is it to replace the factory sights on a Glock 19 with night sights?
Link Posted: 3/27/2002 5:46:19 PM EDT
[#1]
I think the best deal out there right now is the Glock sites around $57.00 + tax.
You can just send them your upper.I`v heard its about a 2 week turn around.

If you can`t do with out your Glock you
can get a armor to install them. I see them at the gun shows around here $89.00 installed.

Now to answer your question. The front site is easy you just rip the site out with pliers and the new one is held in place with a nut.
The rear site has to be pressed out (with a site tool} or you can use a drift.Same to install rear site.

If I do it I think I will send in my slide and let Glock do it.

Hope this helps .

Edit to add Glock Info:

GLOCK Inc. USA
6000 Highlands Parkway
Smyrna, GA 30082
USA
Tel.:  +1 770 - 432 1202
Fax.: +1 770 - 433 8719

Link Posted: 3/27/2002 8:24:33 PM EDT
[#2]
cmymud-

Thanks for the info!
Link Posted: 3/28/2002 5:36:12 PM EDT
[#3]
I did mine a few weeks ago...Mepros. Had to modify a socket (flatten end) I think it was a 3/32. And used a plastic drift (and 3 hands) to install the rear after just a little draw filing on the bottom of the rear. Because the rear sight is angled, you have to hold the drift at a similar angle, deflecting the slide, hence 3 hands or a decent padded vise. Even with loctite on the front sight, it did loosen after a hundred rounds or so. (I was too careful not to over tighten it) But the second time was a charm, and is still tight after hundreds of rounds. The answer would be dependent on your ability and tools on hand. But thats how it went for me.
Link Posted: 4/3/2002 3:06:35 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I did mine a few weeks ago...Mepros. Had to modify a socket (flatten end) I think it was a 3/32. And used a plastic drift (and 3 hands) to install the rear after just a little draw filing on the bottom of the rear. Because the rear sight is angled, you have to hold the drift at a similar angle, deflecting the slide, hence 3 hands or a decent padded vise. Even with loctite on the front sight, it did loosen after a hundred rounds or so. (I was too careful not to over tighten it) But the second time was a charm, and is still tight after hundreds of rounds. The answer would be dependent on your ability and tools on hand. But thats how it went for me.

Gene,
 Here's a trick for the front sight:
 Notice how the nut always falls into the socket? Take some epoxy or a piece of bubblegum and fill the back of the socket with it. Then press the small nut into the epoxy making an imprint. Let it dry and Waa-Laaa! Much easier.
Also, if you take a small piece of hardwood and whittle a notch out of it, you can make your own read sight tool.
One more:
 Only use a plastic or brass drift punch to drift the rear sight. If you use brass, just clean the marks off with some copper solvent.
Works like a charm and doesn't mar your sight.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top