Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2011 7:59:27 AM EDT
I don't see much on the Insight lights, how are they compared to the TLR'S and Surefire lights. I do like how light they are, run times not that great but I'm not going to leave it on.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 8:33:10 AM EDT
[#1]
They are excellent lights.  My WX-150 has a better beam than my Surefire X200 and any Streamlights I've tried.  Nice bright hotspot, with plenty of flood.  Bright as hell.  

Never noticed its run time being low, but a weapon light is not like a flashlight where you have it on all the time.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 9:00:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Thats what I figured with the run time, might have to scout around the EE for somethings.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 9:54:10 AM EDT
[#3]
I have one on a G19.  It has had zero reliability issues, is plenty bright, and I have not noticed battery life being poor.  The only minor issue one might have with it is the controls.  You have to actually slide the levers up or down to operate it instead of the forward pressing motion you can do on a Surefire I tried.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 10:04:16 AM EDT
[#4]
The switch won't bother me, if im correct it will fall nicely in place in my Gen4 G17.

Funny thing is I found one on the EE and jumped all over it for the price, if I don't like it I can recoup my money selling it to my dad.
Link Posted: 4/29/2011 12:15:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The switch won't bother me, if im correct it will fall nicely in place in my Gen4 G17.

Funny thing is I found one on the EE and jumped all over it for the price, if I don't like it I can recoup my money selling it to my dad.

I think you'll like it.  On my G34 it's hotspot aligns perfectly with the sights, kind of like a big, imprecise laser sight.  I also like the levers and user interface better than my Surefire.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top