Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/28/2004 10:56:36 AM EDT
I'm thinking of getting a Custom II stainless in .38 Super.  Does anyone have one or know anything about any of Kimbers .38 Supers?  I have only had one Kimber, a Pro Carry II HD, and I had more problems with that gun than any gun I've ever owned.  I also had two different buddies both with Pro models series II's that had problems.  I swore I wouldn't own another one but can't find a series I.  Tell me what you guys think about them and if you've had problems.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 5:56:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I have never had any problems with eiter of my Kimbers that were the gun or company's fault.  The only problem I have had has been a mag related problem.  I would expect the same with any of their other products.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 8:39:21 PM EDT
[#2]
The consensus on the pistol boards I visited was that the full size pistols were more reliable and did not suffer any Series II safety problems.
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 4:04:48 PM EDT
[#3]
So nobody actually has a .38 Super?
Link Posted: 8/29/2004 7:36:46 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
So nobody actually has a .38 Super?

Not yet, but give me time.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 4:19:13 AM EDT
[#5]
Have a Kimber .38 Super on order, won't be here 'til next week sometime. Can't wait. Already ordering extra mags, reloading dies, and all the other fun things you have to do when getting a new caliber!
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 11:33:04 PM EDT
[#6]
My only 1911 is that specific pistol you want.  It has been very reliable, with fit and finish very tight and flawless.  However, as I have shot more pistols I realize that however light recoil is, it is fairly snappy.  Follow up shots are difficult to make rapid and accurate.  I like the power and accuracy is good.  With some tuning this pistol has no limits....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top