Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 12/27/2012 7:20:32 AM EDT
I bought this on sale and had major problems. The gun would double fire, not fire, slide would not go all the way back. Brought it back to Hoffmans where I purchased and one of the guys to it into the range and it exhibited all the symptoms I described. They gave me a brand new one on the spot (even let me keep a mag) and the new one has been perfect. It happens and sometimes you just get a lemon.

The new one is performing nicely and I carry it.

How are you all liking this gun if you own it or have shot it?
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 10:01:48 PM EDT
The trigger would not reset. Had to send mine back to Ruger. It was a quick fix. 500rds later I am good to go. I plan to push about 500 more through it before I will completely trust it for carry.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 4:17:03 AM EDT
I recently bought a SR40 and have not had any problems
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 11:47:17 AM EDT
Got a SR40C after SR9 and SR9C, really like the 40 as the recoil in very easy to manage - even fed and fired (accurately at 20 feet) w/ Russian ammo. I couldn't ask for more in a sub compact pistol. The only sub compact in 40 I am comfortable with.

Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:34:22 PM EDT
Glad to hear others like theirs as well. Today was a great day at the range...had it all to myself

Not a a single problem with it other than a FTF but I attribute that to the really old Sellier and Bellot I decided to bring to cycle it out of the safe. It fired on the second strike and I would never carry with that ammo. Have never had any problems with the second one when I feed it decent ammo.
Top Top