Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/12/2003 10:01:32 AM EDT
 It seems to me from reading on this board that my Kimber Custom Eclipse and maybe my Glocks are +P rated.  However there is nothing in the manuals about +P (probably a CYA thing for the MFG).  I had a Tarus revolver that was +P it said so on the Tarus website but again nothing in the manual.  
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 10:53:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Just get a HK USP
Built to handle +P...+P+...and .45 super
www.hecklerkoch-usa.com/pages/civilian/uspframeset.html
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 11:34:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Probably going to have to contact the manufacturers for the info....

t
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 12:10:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Correct me if I am wrong, but most modern day handguns are rated for +P ammuntion.  The only problem is that it reduces the life span of the weapon.  But still contact the manufacture regardless.
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 12:22:01 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Just get a HK USP
Built to handle +P...+P+...and .45 super
www.hecklerkoch-usa.com/pages/civilian/uspframeset.html

I didn't see .45 super on there. Do the USP .45 have fully supported chambers? I think .45 super requires a heavier recoil spring, even with a fully supported chamber. ????????????
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 3:43:46 PM EDT
[#5]
According to HK, 45 super is okay in the fullsize, but no okay for the compact due to the differing recoil spring arrangement.  
Link Posted: 6/12/2003 8:50:49 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Correct me if I am wrong, but most modern day handguns are rated for +P ammuntion.

The manual for my new S&W #37 says it is not rated for +P

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top