Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/22/2005 11:31:55 PM EDT
I removed the mag-disconnect safety in my Arcus-94, but now I need to know how to fix the play in my trigger.

I know there is supposedly a spring I can buy to fix it, where is it and how much does it cost...

I have got to fix the play in this trigger... I JUST CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 3:56:04 PM EDT
[#1]
If you're familiar with Wolff springs they have a stronger trigger reset spring that you can get and at the same time if you haven't done so you can remove the mag disconnect when you replace the spring.
www.gunsprings.com/
RC
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 7:32:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Thank you sir!
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 3:49:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, I got the spring and just swapped it out. WHAT A DIFFERENCE!! I am so glad I got that done, thanks again for the help!
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 6:51:05 PM EDT
[#4]
Many of us probably would like to name their first born male child after Wolf guns springs would the wife let us?  
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 1:54:59 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I removed the mag-disconnect safety in my Arcus-94, but now I need to know how to fix the play in my trigger.

I know there is supposedly a spring I can buy to fix it, where is it and how much does it cost...

It's not  just a spring fix...because of how it's designed, you may not be able to get all the play out of your trigger...if you want perfection, get a gunsmith to build you a 1911! The HP is a military pistol and is designed as such. Some you can get all the creep/play out of; others you can't. Again, this is because of it's design.

It will take a whole lot more than just changing springs to eliminate the excess play/creep; if it can be eliminated at all! If you don't believe me, Ralph at Cylinder and Slide will tell you the same thing. His number: (402) 721-4277

Good luck and hope it works out for you, but don't be disappointed if it doesn't...
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 3:10:24 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's not  just a spring fix...because of how it's designed, you may not be able to get all the play out of your trigger...if you want perfection, get a gunsmith to build you a 1911! The HP is a military pistol and is designed as such. Some you can get all the creep/play out of; others you can't. Again, this is because of it's design.

It will take a whole lot more than just changing springs to eliminate the excess play/creep; if it can be eliminated at all! If you don't believe me, Ralph at Cylinder and Slide will tell you the same thing. His number: (402) 721-4277

Good luck and hope it works out for you, but don't be disappointed if it doesn't...

Mine must be unique, but I have no play in my trigger now. It was a great change. I am feeling much better about this gun now that I have changed out the trigger spring.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:03:19 PM EDT
[#7]
I didn't say it could not be done; only that it is difficult to do it right. Also, some will take and others won't; I had two HP's - one had to have more work done to it, one cleaned up with a replacement spring.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top