Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/22/2005 11:31:55 PM EDT
I removed the mag-disconnect safety in my Arcus-94, but now I need to know how to fix the play in my trigger.

I know there is supposedly a spring I can buy to fix it, where is it and how much does it cost...

I have got to fix the play in this trigger... I JUST CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 3:56:04 PM EDT
If you're familiar with Wolff springs they have a stronger trigger reset spring that you can get and at the same time if you haven't done so you can remove the mag disconnect when you replace the spring.
www.gunsprings.com/
RC
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 7:32:45 PM EDT
Thank you sir!
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 3:49:36 PM EDT
Well, I got the spring and just swapped it out. WHAT A DIFFERENCE!! I am so glad I got that done, thanks again for the help!
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 6:51:05 PM EDT
Many of us probably would like to name their first born male child after Wolf guns springs would the wife let us?
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 1:54:59 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/28/2005 1:57:35 PM EDT by dullh]

Originally Posted By ColSanders:
I removed the mag-disconnect safety in my Arcus-94, but now I need to know how to fix the play in my trigger.

I know there is supposedly a spring I can buy to fix it, where is it and how much does it cost...

It's not just a spring fix...because of how it's designed, you may not be able to get all the play out of your trigger...if you want perfection, get a gunsmith to build you a 1911! The HP is a military pistol and is designed as such. Some you can get all the creep/play out of; others you can't. Again, this is because of it's design.

It will take a whole lot more than just changing springs to eliminate the excess play/creep; if it can be eliminated at all! If you don't believe me, Ralph at Cylinder and Slide will tell you the same thing. His number: (402) 721-4277

Good luck and hope it works out for you, but don't be disappointed if it doesn't...
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 3:10:24 PM EDT

Originally Posted By dullh:

Originally Posted By ColSanders:

It's not just a spring fix...because of how it's designed, you may not be able to get all the play out of your trigger...if you want perfection, get a gunsmith to build you a 1911! The HP is a military pistol and is designed as such. Some you can get all the creep/play out of; others you can't. Again, this is because of it's design.

It will take a whole lot more than just changing springs to eliminate the excess play/creep; if it can be eliminated at all! If you don't believe me, Ralph at Cylinder and Slide will tell you the same thing. His number: (402) 721-4277

Good luck and hope it works out for you, but don't be disappointed if it doesn't...

Mine must be unique, but I have no play in my trigger now. It was a great change. I am feeling much better about this gun now that I have changed out the trigger spring.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:03:19 PM EDT
I didn't say it could not be done; only that it is difficult to do it right. Also, some will take and others won't; I had two HP's - one had to have more work done to it, one cleaned up with a replacement spring.
Top Top