Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2004 1:34:31 PM EST
I just bought a Springfield "Loaded" 1911, and I can't, for the lilfe of me, figure out how to take the thing apart. I already own a Springfield GI Mil-Spec, and can take it apart blindfolded, but this new one is way complicated.

I follow the directions, all the way to the part where it tells me to push the recoil spring guide foward and put a pin in the hole. I can't find a hole to put a pin in. It can't go any farther. There's no hole. Is there any other way to take it apart?
Link Posted: 8/14/2004 1:43:23 PM EST
Link Posted: 8/14/2004 1:44:53 PM EST
Link Posted: 8/14/2004 4:11:35 PM EST
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 7:56:31 PM EST
A'ight, I stopped reading the manual, and just played with it, and got it apart.

I bought the full-sized loaded model, in OD Green.

I took the 4mm allen head and unscrewed the guide rod about half-way, then disassembled the pistol. That worked. Went and bought a big t-handle 4mm hex key today, for the same purpose.

Another question, for anyone with a 1911 with a FLGR: If you ride the slide down on an empty chamber, slowly, does the pistol fail to go into battery? Mine does.

I think I'm gonna take it the FLGR out soon. I see no advantages beyond the novelty of it.
Link Posted: 8/17/2004 10:21:42 PM EST
The Springfield Loaded in OD Green is a great looking gun, congrats. Now all you need to do is install a standard/GI length guide rod in it and you're all set.
An allen wrench to field strip a 1911? That just aint right.
Link Posted: 8/18/2004 4:54:38 PM EST
Any 1911 should go into complete battery if you let the slide down slowly, IMO. I assume you're doing this with an unloaded weapon & the empty mag out?
Top Top