Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Handguns » Colt
Site Notices
Posted: 5/15/2009 4:12:22 AM EDT
Just looking at Colts updated website and I'm disapointed. Only one frame with a rail? Damn that sucks. How's about A special Combat Govn model tu-tune  with XSE features? or maybe a DE enhanced by the same features. Maybe a tu-tone DE? I guess I'll just have to call them later and find out what the custom shop could do for me...
Link Posted: 5/19/2009 10:01:18 AM EDT
[#1]
Hard to tell if any one at here is interested in any idea I might have since hardly  anyone ever posts even a sarcastic remark, but in case anyone is mute and  interested I did call Colt and no they are not willing to mix and match there 1911's into a custom build. So no XSE rail frame on anything else. Maybe in the future, but not now. Bummer...
Link Posted: 5/19/2009 11:23:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Well that`s a bummer to be sure. But you`re not alone in here. It`s just that the handgun side is a little slower. There are occaisonal bursts of activity on a hot topic, but otherwise it`s a bit quiet in the industry forums on the handgun side. You would probably gotten more of a response in the 1911 forum here. HTH
Link Posted: 6/2/2009 10:36:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Not Very. I just noticed your post, my post is eerily similar. I've learned that the custom shop a Colt seems to be for Colt revolver replicas (engraving etc) not semi-auto building
Link Posted: 6/3/2009 5:09:27 AM EDT
[#4]
I would also add that while I cannot comment from experience with respect to a "custom pistol" from Colt, their "Custom Shop Pistols" are anything but. Poor cosmetics, mismatched parts, and slop all happen with frequency on this line of pistols making the consumer hope these are dishonestly marketed pistols rather than the current state of affairs with respect to Colt's smiths.
Link Posted: 6/4/2009 3:48:39 AM EDT
[#5]

You might want to check some of the 1911-dedicated sites like 1911forum.com or M1911.org for some first hand "Custom Shop"  comments.

I have three "Custom Shop" guns from Colt and two are excellent. One is the WWI re-pro in "Carbonia Blue" and the other is a SCG in hard chrome.

My S70 re-pro had cocking serration and "spring tunnel" issues but was mechanically flawless. It appears to me that Colt is responding to complaints and QC is starting to improve. YMMV

ETA: Spelling

Link Posted: 6/4/2009 8:28:18 AM EDT
[#6]
My SAA had to go back to Colt. less than a box of ammo the gun locked up solid.
Link Posted: 6/17/2009 12:04:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I would also add that while I cannot comment from experience with respect to a "custom pistol" from Colt, their "Custom Shop Pistols" are anything but. Poor cosmetics, mismatched parts, and slop all happen with frequency on this line of pistols making the consumer hope these are dishonestly marketed pistols rather than the current state of affairs with respect to Colt's smiths.

The custom shop does not do any fitting like a 1911 gunsmith.

You let yourself be deceived.  

Page Handguns » Colt
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top