Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/27/2011 8:23:39 AM EDT
I own a CZ75b and heard they are real similar to the BHP. I've heard that the CZ's are even built stonger in some places.  Anyone know the differences?
Link Posted: 12/27/2011 8:32:41 AM EDT
[#1]
I've heard the CZ referred to as a DA/SA BHP. Never been inside a BHP, so I can't tell. But from the outside the CZ seems more robust in frame construction given it's broader curves, ect. Also, it does weigh a couple hundred grams more then the BHP, so perhap it is stronger.

CZ is tons sexier though.
Link Posted: 12/27/2011 3:46:27 PM EDT
[#2]
The 75 owes its overall concept to 2 guns.... the BHP and the Sig p210, but improved on both with it's DA/SA trigger design, which was the work of Josef and František Koucký.
Link Posted: 12/27/2011 9:47:55 PM EDT
[#3]
The BHP is skinnier and has a much better trigger (with the French Army magazine disconnect removed) than the DA/SA of the 75. I shot them both side-by-side today and shot the BHP noticeably better. Not only better, but it was easier to shoot. The BHP is also skinny enough it will fit into many Colt 1911 holsters. The CZ75 is a little obese for that. The CZ75 B model also has that ribbed top rail that makes the front sight look smaller and harder to use. The 9mm BHP received upgrades around 1990 when the .40 cal version debuted so has a stronger frame and slide than the older version. I think the CZ75 and BHP are both required in any well rounded gun collection, along with a Luger P-08.

Link Posted: 12/28/2011 8:01:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/28/2011 11:09:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Some of the best reads on the topic by the late Stephen A Camp, who was a BHP lover.

http://www.hipowersandhandguns.com/CZ-75%20or%20BHP.htm

http://www.hipowersandhandguns.com/CZ75.htm

http://www.hipowersandhandguns.com/Browning%20and%20CZ.htm

RIP Stephen

There's a lot of info there. Thanks. I don't plan on using +p rounds but it sounds like I still should think about a 16 pound recoil spring. What are you folks using?
Link Posted: 12/28/2011 2:41:57 PM EDT
[#6]
Have owned both for years I think a CZ is the sturdier platfrom. Straight from the box both triggers have their quirks but after 500 rounds my CZ's are "good enough" if I need them.

I use standard factory springs, I did change the guide rod on my Compact from the plastic one to a steel version but other than that mine are stock.
Link Posted: 12/29/2011 1:17:05 PM EDT
[#7]
I  dont have  a hi-pwer yet.I will get one so I can have both.Hi-power CZ 75 ia alot like Ruger or S&W .One cost $200 more than the other.I know my CZs perform quite well!I have a hi-power that is used on layaway.Will be picking it up in a couple months.Then the tests will begin!
Link Posted: 12/30/2011 7:04:52 PM EDT
[#8]
Czs and hipowers look similar on the outside but that's about it. Internally they are totally different.  Mark
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:28:35 PM EDT
[#9]
CZs are my preference.  However, I do not own a gun that feels better in my hand than a HiPower with Hogue finger groove grips.  

––
Mike
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 6:31:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I own a CZ75b and heard they are real similar to the BHP. I've heard that the CZ's are even built stonger in some places.  Anyone know the differences?

Ahhh, they're different designs with no interchangeable parts. That's about it, other than they both use the 9mm.

I own both and prefer the CZ.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top