Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/12/2003 2:24:25 PM EDT
Is there a website where I can find out what year my 1911 was made? Or other sources? Thanks
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 10:50:47 PM EDT
[#1]
IIRC, for a nominal fee Colt will give you a letter of authenticity. I think it costs $25 or so & is suitable for framing.
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 2:40:30 AM EDT
[#2]
If you wish, you can IM me your serial number and I can look it up in the book.  I have those little serial number/year made books you buy at the gunshow for Colt, Winchester, and US Military Arms.  They're a little dated, in that they probably don't have anything later than the mid-80's, but that's no problem on a M1911.

The offer goes for anyone else as well who has any gun that fits into the above categories.  And no, I won't send your serial number to the ATF

Ross
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 8:52:08 PM EDT
[#3]
IM sent
Link Posted: 5/13/2003 9:26:52 PM EDT
[#4]
I just found production dates listed on coltautos.com and it is a 1933 production.
Link Posted: 5/14/2003 2:20:00 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I just found production dates listed on coltautos.com and it is a 1933 production.

Confirmed, 1933.  Check your IM for details.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top