Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/17/2015 12:23:26 PM EDT
Hey guys, another video added to my channel on how NOT to hold/grip a revolver.

I know this has been done by Mythbusters, but I had more "graphic" results using a much less elaborate setup.  hickok45 did one too, using paper.

Anyhow, here is mine (I'll put links to the Mythbusters and hickok45 video below as well)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jd_OnMBPWaw

Link to hickok45 video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VFBAcz16GvU

Mythbusters
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nucg5VAff4c

Some other guy that used a hotdog
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wu3RO3Lr4fM

And here's some pics of real injuries
WARNING - GRAPHIC IMAGES OF DAMAGED/SEVERED THUMBS
DO NOT CLICK IF YOU DON'T WANT TO SEE THEM

On second thought, I'm not going to hotlink, you'll have to copy/paste, or just search google for "revolver thumb injury", it will produce the same results as the link here:

htt ps://www.google.ca/search?q=revolver+thumb+injury&es_sm=122&biw=1659&bih=869&tbm=isch&source=lnms&sa=X&ei=X7a4VNmxGsS3yASrloKQDw&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 3:04:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Iirc, here in Ar. a few years back a guy bought a S&W .500 and took it hunting without ever firing it before.

He used his left to help hold it up, putting one of his digits right next to the cylinder and the shot severed his finger. When it happened I guess the guy was talking about suing.

Never heard any more about it so I don't know how it turned out.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 4:11:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I made the mistake of shooting a AR15 without a magazine in it once and gripped the magwell it burnt my hand. Good videos new shooters need to watch this.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 5:14:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I thought this was going to be a thread showing people shooting with their elbows sticking out.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 7:54:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I thought this was going to be a thread showing people shooting with their elbows sticking out.  
View Quote

Same here.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 8:18:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

+2

Link Posted: 1/17/2015 9:43:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

+2

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

+2

+3
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 10:53:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

+3
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

+2

+3

+4
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 11:06:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the vid op.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 11:29:51 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/18/2015 3:10:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks guys, glad you liked the video!  I know I'm new here (3 posts.... 4 maybe?), and I'm from Canuckistan.  :)

Kind of off topic, but despite what you hear about our strict gun laws up here in the Great White North, we're still better off than California.

Scott
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 3:31:27 AM EDT
[#11]
Nice work.
Link Posted: 1/18/2015 11:12:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Good video! Especially in this day and age when many new shooters have never fired a revolver and attempt to use current auto pistol grip techniques.

Support hand's thumb resting on grip's pad depression and primary thumb wrapped over that thumb or just the other way around. I find a revolver's grip isn't all that friendly to how many shooters grip an auto, but I guess It's possible to get your thumb out there if you try hard enough.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top