Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Page Handguns » H&K
Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2005 12:20:01 AM EDT
I shoot +P ammo when I'm practicing, and use WWB when I go plinking with friends.  I'll say almost half and half.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 12:34:42 AM EDT
If you can afford to burn out a handgun barrel, you can afford to replace the entire pistol when it happens. Should be 50k rounds service life minimum. Some people claim to have shot Glocks and such to 300k without trouble. Since HK and Glock barrels are similar, you're good to go. You'll wear out a lot of little components first, I imagine.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 3:37:50 AM EDT
Check back in after about 10-15 years and let us know how your barrel is doing...unless you own your own ammo company it will most likely take that long to see any difference wear might make.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 6:49:27 AM EDT
Let's see now.  The HK Tactical, Expert, Elite, SOCOM, Custom Sport, and Match come with 5 extra o-rings for the barrel plus one on the barrel.  Each o-ring is rated for 20,000 rounds with care.  Could it be HK is saying that one can expect at least 120,000 rounds through the pistols?  Could be.  
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 6:54:07 AM EDT

Originally Posted By A96HondaAccordEX:
I shoot +P ammo when I'm practicing, and use WWB when I go plinking with friends.  I'll say almost half and half.  

I don't think you'll wear it out within the next 20 years.  The MK23 was supposed to be able to handle .45 Super.  I believe that USPs can handle it too without modification.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 1:15:26 AM EDT
oh ok, that's good news.  I guess I dont need this extra barrel afterall.
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 4:54:33 AM EDT
The only reason to get a second barrel if you were to want to shoot lead bullets, then a Jarvis barrel might be in order.  That way you would not have to worry about lead build up! I have 11K through my fullsize USP over the last three years, and to me it just as accurate as it was new out of the box!
Link Posted: 1/12/2005 11:27:50 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/12/2005 11:29:05 PM EDT by warlord]
At my now closed indoor shooting range, Santa Anita Firing Range, Monrovia, Calif(10 miles east of Los Angeles), had a rental Glock 17 that went 500,000 rounds and cracked the slide, and the slide was replaced. When the range closed it had officially 750,000 rounds. The number of rounds shot is probably higher because people often smuggle in ammo from Wall-Mart, these numbers are based on the ammo purchased at the range only.
Page Handguns » H&K
Top Top