Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2007 6:18:07 AM EDT
I don't see much in the way of holsters being advertised for the 225/P6 - do holsters for other models (like the 226) fit?
Link Posted: 10/3/2007 12:30:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Holsters for a 228 should fit, but you may want to try them on for size.  229 holster will likely be to big.  226 holster will fit but be to long.
Link Posted: 10/3/2007 1:40:32 PM EDT
[#2]
We're in the same boat, fellow P6 owner.

They're out there, just not as easy to find as some.

What's your poison?  For duty, or not?  Leather, or not?  IWB, OWB, etc?

I just ordered a DeSantis Pro Stealth and an Uncle Mike's Sidekick Ambidextrous (got both for ~ $50 from NY Ironworks).

I'm presently checking on the availability of a Blackhawk Inside-the-Pants and Safariland Stuffer.
Link Posted: 10/3/2007 4:14:12 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
We're in the same boat, fellow P6 owner.

They're out there, just not as easy to find as some.

What's your poison?  For duty, or not?  Leather, or not?  IWB, OWB, etc?

I just ordered a DeSantis Pro Stealth and an Uncle Mike's Sidekick Ambidextrous (got both for ~ $50 from NY Ironworks).

I'm presently checking on the availability of a Blackhawk Inside-the-Pants and Safariland Stuffer.

I'm mostly standing on the sidelines at this point - I'm not really planning to carry with any frequency, but wanted to know what to keep my eyes out for.  Not many used ones for the 225 come across the EE, but if other stuff works and I can get it cheap.....
Link Posted: 10/3/2007 5:24:16 PM EDT
[#4]
They're discussing the same thing over at Sigforum:

link

Also, if you want to, send me an email via site mail and I'll send you a link to my departmental webpage where I've got some extra stuff 'written down'.

ETA: The DeSantis Pro Stealth was $32 and the Uncle Mike's Sidekick Ambidextrous (which is not only ambidextrous, but also is convertible from OWB to IWB) was $15.  Shipping was only $7.  Again, that was New York Ironworks.  I have to order online for my P6 because none of the retailers here carry a full line of anyone's products, and the retail markup around here makes the S&H fee (even the higher ones of ~$15) of online retailers seem like a wash.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 2:54:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I use the predator paddle for mine.

I am very picky on gun & holster fit. Another option would be bladetech.

No other Sig holster seem to fit quite right, but they will work.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 5:49:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Update: NY Ironworks sold out of the Uncle Mike's Sidekick, Ambidextrous Hip Holster before they were able to fill my order.  The DeSantis Pro Stealth I got from them is still winding its way across the country from Brooklyn via FedEx.

I picked up the Uncle Mike's from a local gunstore for ~ $10 than I could find online, which is kind of saying it would have been a wash after shipping and handling.  This was actually good, because the sizing Uncle Mike's recommended was not right (I tried it w/ my gun, in-store).  If you go this route (UM-SAH), get the size 15.

I'm currently emailing back and forth with Safariland on this same type of issue for a holster I'm interested in*, and have been since last week.

* Safariland Model 4062: "Stuffer" Inside-the-Pants Spring Clip Holster for Pistols & Revolvers
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 5:53:04 PM EDT
[#7]
I carry my P225 in a Comp-Tac CTAC.  My P228 fits it also.  Also have a Comp-Tac Ghurka for the P228 and the P225 fits it too.  I forgot.  Also have a Desantis Speed Scabbard for the P228 and the P225 fits it too.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 6:03:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top