Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 10/6/2005 8:51:28 AM EDT
Is there a high quality holster available that I can conceal inside my waist belt or wear outside on my belt depending on how I set it up?
I don’t mind spending money on a good holster but I’d like to get one that is versatile if possible.

It is for a Sig 226 if that matters. I will wear it at work but it’s ok here so bulges under a tucked in shirt aren’t a deal breaker.
I’m 6’2”, 200# if that’s relevant to concealing this pistol in conjunction with any eligible holsters.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 12:01:19 PM EDT
I don't think such a thing exists. IWB and OWB require the mounting hardware on different sides of the holster. Even if there were one that the mounting point could be reversed, it would require a good bit more width to accomodate it. You're better off with two good quality holsters.

If you're trying to keep commonality of use, consider an IWB and OWB from Blade-Tech. At $60 each, the combined total is roughly the same as a single high end leather like Milt-Sparks.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 1:49:05 PM EDT
Thanks for the info.

I was looking at two new Blackhawk holsters last night. Some fancy things made out of carbon fiber. I have no idea if they're worth a crap.

I am going to check out the Blade Tech holsters though now.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 1:57:27 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 2:02:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 10/6/2005 2:04:09 PM EDT by IAMLEGEND]
OK, thanks guys.

Meanwhile, am I retarded or does Bladetech not have a holster to accommodate a Sig 226?

ETA:
Oh, wait...they seem to be under "duty holsters" not "injection molded holsters".
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 2:09:36 PM EDT

Originally Posted By IAMLEGEND:
OK, thanks guys.

Meanwhile, am I retarded or does Bladetech not have a holster to accommodate a Sig 226?

ETA:
Oh, wait...they seem to be under "duty holsters" not "injection molded holsters".

Yeah, the injection mouled Blade-Techs aren't that great anyway. I'm also not a fan of the Blackhawk CQC rigs. I like the retention, but the thing is just flimsy. It isn't even carbone fiber, but just a sticker applied to the outside that looks like carbone fiber.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 2:11:44 PM EDT

Originally Posted By cliffy109:

Originally Posted By IAMLEGEND:
OK, thanks guys.

ETA:

Yeah, the injection mouled Blade-Techs aren't that great anyway. I'm also not a fan of the Blackhawk CQC rigs. I like the retention, but the thing is just flimsy. It isn't even carbone fiber, but just a sticker applied to the outside that looks like carbone fiber.

LOL! A sticker?! What a crock!

So would I be on the right track with the Blade-Tech IWB or "duty" holsters?
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 2:22:59 PM EDT
I don't have any first hand experience with the IWB, but it looks like a solid design. I do have a lot of experience with the OWB and love them. I use them exclusively for IDPA and USPSA. They also get used a fair amount for CCW, but ride a bit low unless you have a long cover garment.

Oh yeah... don't get the Tec-Lock. It moves it out away from your body and the edges of it can bite your gut if you've got a bit of spare tire overhang like I do. The 1 3/4" loops with spacers is what I prefer.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 2:48:16 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 3:17:18 PM EDT
generally things that a 2 in 1 do neither well.
Top Top