Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/8/2006 5:38:29 PM EDT
I have a P226 DAK  that I want to install the hogue grips on. I have heard that only a sig armorer should install these because of an issue with substantially messing up the trigger pull weight . It seems easy enough to do. What would cause problems with the trigger? Can I  install these myself?
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:39:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know about the 226 but I put the wrap arounds on a 229 and it made it too fat.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:58:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Shootin4fun- I went through the Sig Armorer's course last summer and IIRC, they said not to put on regular Hogue grips on the DAK.  It would cause a binding on the trigger bar spring.

They told us that Hogue would be coming out with a DAK specific grip.  I think it's out, but I'm not sure.  Contact Hogue, they're customer friendly.

You can change the grips yourself if you're handy with mechanical type issues.  Just be careful not to let the trigger bar spring come out of its holes.  You don't have to worry about the de-cocking lever spring because DAKs don't have it.  Also, get a screw driver that fits the grip panel screws, that way you won't bugger up the screw heads.

eta: spelling
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 4:09:03 PM EDT
[#3]
I put Hogue grips on my 226 AND I put them on with hex screws.  Hogue sells em.

I like it, my hands are kinda big and they made my grip feel more fuller and solid.
Link Posted: 4/10/2006 5:00:24 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Shootin4fun- I went through the Sig Armorer's course last summer and IIRC, they said not to put on regular Hogue grips on the DAK.  It would cause a binding on the trigger bar spring.

They told us that Hogue would be coming out with a DAK specific grip.  I think it's out, but I'm not sure.  Contact Hogue, they're customer friendly.

You can change the grips yourself if you're handy with mechanical type issues.  Just be careful not to let the trigger bar spring come out of its holes.  You don't have to worry about the de-cocking lever spring because DAKs don't have it.  Also, get a screw driver that fits the grip panel screws, that way you won't bugger up the screw heads.

eta: spelling

The new Hogue grips are now specified to fit DAK's.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 3:53:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I have the newest ones out  and they dont specify on the hogue site that they are diffrent for a DAK. I think I will try to put them on, I'll just be careful not to overtighten the screws. Worst case is I'll have to put the factory ones back on. Thanks for the info.

Anyone here put them on a DAK by chance?
Link Posted: 4/13/2006 3:28:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I contacted Hogue and Ron Herman from customer support e-mailed me back

"All of our Rubber and Wood grips have been internally modified for the DAK’s, and fit all earlier versions.
Thank you, "
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 1:58:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks Nexxus6. This helps alot.

ETA: I just put the grips on. Its was very easy. The only thing to watch out for is the trigger return spring. The Hogue grips are clearly manufactured to allow clearance for the spring. I did not fire the weapon but it dry fire functioned good. No diffrence in trigger pull weight. Thanks again for the help.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top