Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/30/2017 1:34:52 PM EDT
I like to carry my S&W M629 with me in the woods. I made a video reviewing my favorite piece of carry gear. The Recon Kit Bag from Hill People Gear.
Click here to check it out.
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 12:46:58 AM EDT
[#1]
OMG! the snow flakes over at snipershide.com banned me for sharing this video. Perhaps they should stay in their safe places? If I am inappropriate for sharing this, please let me know before banning me. I know having long hair, and making fun of one's self is against the rules in some communities....
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 8:17:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
OMG! the snow flakes over at snipershide.com banned me for sharing this video. Perhaps they should stray in their safe places? If I am inappropriate for sharing this, please let me know before banning me. I know having long hair, and making fun of one's self is against the rules in some communities....
View Quote
Lesson learned: snowflakes and gun accessories don't mix.

Heard this poor guy got banned off the CMP Forums for having the temerity to promote Opolongo's M1 Garand Grab & Go pouch, and demonstrate how one might actual use an M1 to defend hearth and home. He apparently wasn't demonstrating "official" Match shooting positions, ... just real-world use of the rifle and ammo pouch.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Gj10btlb6HM
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 8:52:55 AM EDT
[#3]
I have the same bag. Had it for about a year now. I run a Tactical Assault Gear 3 mag shingle on the front of it, it's a "Grab and Go" rig for me. I've used it in two Carbine classes and a run and gun. No issues. I like it because it's very minimalist and here in Texas it allows me to cool very easily....
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 9:08:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
OMG! the snow flakes over at snipershide.com banned me for sharing this video. Perhaps they should stray in their safe places? If I am inappropriate for sharing this, please let me know before banning me. I know having long hair, and making fun of one's self is against the rules in some communities....
View Quote
Did you send them a free whatever you are reviewing so they can "review" it?
Link Posted: 3/31/2017 2:59:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Caution on that board: Heavy Snowfall, ... many snowflakes.
Link Posted: 4/1/2017 1:45:44 PM EDT
[#6]
I really like my recon bag.  I use the molle to attach my dog training transmitter for trail running and bird hunting.  Fun review!
Link Posted: 4/4/2017 6:27:09 PM EDT
[#7]
I have an Original Kit Bag and absolutely love it.  Best way to carry a gun with a backpack on IMO.
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 12:37:35 PM EDT
[#8]
I have one in recon flavour & heavy flavour.

I love them both!
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 4:57:29 PM EDT
[#9]
I use mine to CCW when hunting. Glock 20 is still accessible while wearing heavy winter clothing and I attached an admin bag to the molle for rangefinder/flashlight/etc.
Link Posted: 4/12/2017 8:20:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Squiggy, I love your reviews brother...I dub you our favorite ARFCOM hippie

You're preaching to the choir bro.  I've been rocking HPG Kit Bags for some time and even deployed to A'Stan with one but didnt get to use it as much as I wanted to.  I use the Original Snubby for backpacking and easily have over 500 miles on that one.

I've done a few reviews here and I know several here use a Kit Bag.  Thanks for taking the time to review and share...

Edited to add a previous post:

For me, it started with the search of a decent CCW platform for backpacking. I’ve tried several: fanny packs, SafePacker, the Ribz, etc. My key aspect was not just concealed carry but comfortable integration with a backpack for a dozen miles a day for up to 8-10 days; along with the ability to quickly access. I wasn’t specifically looking for additional storage, but the Kit Bag’s design offered just the right amount of extra storage without making it too bulky or awkward.

I’ve done about 300+miles of AT, trails in/around Cohutta and some day hikes in Washington when visiting. The smaller snubby gets a lot of use mountain-biking and running. The only complaint is that it will enhance your sweat gland performance on your chest area. Most of our backpacking is in the spring and summer, so the southeast, we typically backpack in the worst of conditions for heat and humidity. It’s tolerable and much better than the Ribz.

That disadvantage is far outweighed by the utility. The chest-high placement allows me to keep it on even when fording a waist-high river. It allows me to keep a significant amount of essentials on my person even when I’ve dropped my pack. It integrates perfectly with a pack, even when doing 12-15 miles a day for consecutive days. It also provides a decent amount of balance with my pack. Access to my CCW is fast and easy. It also provides easy access to my map, compass, snacks, headlamp, bug spray, cigarette lighter, duct tape (for repairs), whistle (if needed), and various cordage…all right in front of my.

I’ve picked up the minimalist Kydex trigger guard for a “holster”. I’ve never had my pistol shift out of position and very confident that even the open trigger guard is safe (I don’t typically carry anything but the pistol in the pistol pouch). The Kydex trigger guard actually just adds a little extra retention if you happened to fall and your bag gets ripped open…or I’m kayaking and using my middle pouch as a fly tray platform, I feel a little safer is keeping my handgun secure.

Well, anyways, congrats and enjoy it! Make sure you get out and actually practice drawing from it. I’ve done some shooting drills with my backpack and even with my trekking poles threaded over my wrists.

Here's another reply-post I made over in the Outdoors/Survival side a while back when someone asked about the Kit Bags:

Kit Bag Post

ROCK6
Link Posted: 4/16/2017 3:09:53 PM EDT
[#11]

Here's my double pistol HPG Recon Kit bag set up.

•HK USP Compact .45 pistol.
•Zastava M92 7.62x39 pistol.
•Eagle Ind. 3 mag shingle added on the front for mags or other possible needs.
•Gerber boot knife.
•Other dedicated items in administration pocket to include extra HK 8 round mag.

ETA: I tried to rotate the picture, but could not make it happen.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top