Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/13/2005 8:20:11 PM EDT
I've had grips from almost all the high end makers, with the exception of Hakan Pek.  I've never seen anyone make better grips than "Custom Grips and Knives" out of Florida.  Though I've owned some mammoth and elephant ivory, what I've found most unique from them is their exotic wood grips.  I recently purchased some desert ironwood grips for a special build.  These pics don't do them justice, but here goes.  Check them out.  They have some real nice wood grips right now.  The wood is outstanding, and they have absolutely no open pores.  These guys really know how to finish their grips.

www.gripsandknives.com/

Link Posted: 8/13/2005 8:45:40 PM EDT
[#1]
The do have a lot of nice grips. Check out Wicked Grips for some wilder styles. I really like the damascus grips.
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 9:42:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I want some red grips like devel had
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 5:25:17 AM EDT
[#3]
I dig those Damascus grips.  Though not my taste in grips, Wicked Grips has some extremely cool stuff.  One of these days I will build a pimped out Gothic gun, like those monstrosities in Romeo and Juliet,  and it will wear their grips.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 8:21:44 AM EDT
[#4]
John,  I checked my account and the guy from grips and knive debited my account so the california burls I ordered should be there when I get back from vacation.  I'll post some pics on here and then get them sent over to you.  nice grips by the way.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 10:43:47 AM EDT
[#5]
I can't wait to see yours.  I'm kind of partial to California Buckeye burl myself.  I hope they are as figured as that other set!
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 2:35:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks you very much hobbs for the heads up, they look beautiful. I just placed an order for my pair of ADCO/RRA 1911s. One gun was done in Black-T and the other hard chromed by Tripp with polished flats on the slide and frame. These should look awesome on each, just can't decide yet which grips go on which gun.

My order:

Decorated Screws 24 lines Per Screw (Sets 24)  

Maple Burl Grips #369  Golden Burl                                          

Ironwood Grips #367 GOLD! There's GOLD!                          
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 5:08:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Check out 1911 Pistol Grips
I'm saving up for a pair now...
As for non-wood grips, VZ Grips make a good product, very happy with them.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:18:14 AM EDT
[#8]
RSF45, 1911.PISTOLGRIPS os another place I'm a big fan of.  He has some beaiutiful spalted maple from time to time.  

DocGun, I was about this close to buying that golden set of ironwood.  My wife will be pleased that you bought them instead.  She's going to go shoe shopping.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 5:34:09 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
RSF45, 1911.PISTOLGRIPS os another place I'm a big fan of.  He has some beaiutiful spalted maple from time to time.  

DocGun, I was about this close to buying that golden set of ironwood.  My wife will be pleased that you bought them instead.  She's going to go shoe shopping.

Aren't they absolutely beautiful! I also (as posted above) got the Maple Burl set as well. Again, thanks for the heads up.
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:26:47 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:28:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:24:29 PM EDT
[#12]
taggage
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 6:31:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Wave, I was hoping you would do that.  I love those maple grips!
Link Posted: 8/15/2005 9:40:38 PM EDT
[#14]
READ 'EM AND WEEP!!!

California Buckeye Burl from Eric Lamberson @ www.gripsandknives.com

Not as much yellow as in the ones on his website, but I think these will look quite nice on my gun don't you think John...
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 4:44:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Dude, you're going tot rust me with those?  I would hang on to those if I were you...
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 6:03:43 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
READ 'EM AND WEEP!!!

img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/FROST18E/GRIPS004.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/FROST18E/GRIPS003.jpg

Not as much yellow as in the ones on his website, but I think these will look quite nice on my gun don't you think John...

Absolutely beautiful!!!
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 7:26:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:10:04 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Check out 1911 Pistol Grips
I'm saving up for a pair now...
As for non-wood grips, VZ Grips make a good product, very happy with them.

Big +1 on the VZ Grips.  I just bought my second set and they are the best combination of form and function I have seen.
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 10:46:34 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
READ 'EM AND WEEP!!!

img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/FROST18E/GRIPS004.jpg

img.photobucket.com/albums/v323/FROST18E/GRIPS003.jpg

Um, wouldn't it look better on a gun?

Absolutely, and when my colt gets back from the smith in december/january i'll have them on.... until though they will just be lonely............
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top