Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/25/2005 12:00:10 PM EDT
Attention All Handgun Experts--Hear very good reports on Hi-Point .45 cal. I am seriously thinking of buying one.  Made in the U.S., with a lifetime warrantee. I understand for the cost, one cannot go wrong. What say the experts?       Thanks, Lew  
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 12:12:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I will go easy on you since this is only your 6th post.  Hi-Point is junk.  Do not buy one.  They have a lifetime warranty because they need it.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 2:21:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I would have to agree with NoHarmNoFAL-01 just looking at one makes me think woh! that thing is gonna blow.

if you need a cheap pistol that is U.S. made get a Ruger. you can pick them up for about 300$ and while I don't really like them that much the are very stout and will last forever.

just to show you what I mean here are some links to good 45acp rugers

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 11:28:41 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I will go easy on you since this is only your 6th post.  Hi-Point is junk.  Do not buy one.  They have a lifetime warranty because they need it.

+1
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 11:11:19 AM EDT
[#4]
One word......TRASH. I've heard their carbines are O.K., but I still would not waste my money on those either.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 11:12:54 AM EDT
[#5]
I'd rather have a llama.  Pony up and get a Glock.  You'll never need another gun.  But you'll still buy some more glocks.
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 11:46:53 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Attention All Handgun Experts--Hear very good reports on Hi-Point .45 cal. I am seriously thinking of buying one.  Made in the U.S., with a lifetime warrantee. I understand for the cost, one cannot go wrong. What say the experts?       Thanks, Lew  

You hear wrong...

Absolute POS made with pot-metal.  Kid was (trying) to shoot one next to me at the range the other day.  Couldn't go 3 rounds w/o a FTF or FTE.

Save your pennies.  If you have to have a pistol now and you don't have much cash, get a surplus Makarov or a CZ 52.  Much better firearms.  Or wait and get a CZ 75B or Baby Eagle for under $420.

My $.02...

- AG
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:59:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Dont waste your money .
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:06:36 PM EDT
[#8]
FUCK RUGER and HiPoint go here.  Ceska Zbrojovka
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:11:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Seriously if you have a price ceilig say $160 get a Makarov Info  Bulgarians go for under $140 at J&G sales and elsewhere add dealer receiving fee.  Reliable, cheap ammo, concealable, and accurate as any other compact.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 10:55:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:38:23 AM EDT
[#11]
You are right---only 6th post--But that does't make me a bad guy!                                          baby74879
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 12:17:54 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
You are right---only 6th post--But that does't make me a bad guy!                                          baby74879

You're right, not a bad guy. Just an uninformed one. Seriously as said many times above, do not buy them. In my opinion, they are utter trash and a complete disgrace to the American arms production market. Which I think American companies(some) produce some of the finest weapons on earth, along with those pesky Germans and Austrians.
Link Posted: 9/12/2005 12:11:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Well, Thanks, From all my Hi-Point Lovers   --Still Looking for a decently priced .40 or .45 cal. Would be great from the Florida Area.    Thanks, Lew  d/b/a  baby74879
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 12:13:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Ruger, police trade in Sig or Glock are best bets. Rugers are great handguns, though bulky and some are not very appealing to the eye. But I picked up a Ruger P97DC .45a.c.p. for $348 out the door and it has not jammed/failed once since buying and it has had well over 1500 rnds through it. Grab a Shotgun News and check out the police trade ins, they are usually in pretty good shape and their usually either Glocks or Sigs. But do not waste your money on a Hi-point any of the other crap firearms companies.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:31:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Thanks for all your replies concerning the Hi-Point .45, ALL in the adverse. . . .
Just wondering, how many of you have actually shot the Hi-Point? HavenExample coming up -- I owned a Mercedes 500SEL, cost $95000.,  just a beautiful [caaaar, Bostonian], lost the vehicle because of a divorce. Bought a Ford Crown Vic., BOTH vehicles did the same job, not much difference at all, other than the ride.   heSometimes hyped-up brands mean CRAPOLLA!!  hots                                                            
                                                                                                    Lou said it all     d/b/a  baby74879
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:39:53 AM EDT
[#16]
Fine go buy one.  We are just trying to save you some $$ but that doesn't seem to be an issue.  Be sure to give us a range report.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 8:43:43 AM EDT
[#17]
I'm not Conan the Barbarian by any means, but would not put something that goes "bang" made from Hi Point close to my face.  Certainly wouldnt trust my life to one.  Better than nothing?  Sure.  Would I ever own one?  Nope.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 12:55:38 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Thanks for all your replies concerning the Hi-Point .45, ALL in the adverse. . . .
Just wondering, how many of you have actually shot the Hi-Point? Haven't  heard 1 testamonial from anyone that has shot this piece, GOOD OR BAD!!  
Example coming up -- I owned a Mercedes 240 SEL, cost $95000.,  just a beautiful [caaaar, Bostonian], lost the vehicle because of a divorce. Bought a Ford Crown Vic., BOTH vehicles did the same job, not much difference at all, other than the ride.   Do you all get the parable . . . ?
Sometimes hyped-up brands mean CRAPOLLA!!     My 9mm Keltec will put 5 shots in the black at 25 yards, yet my Para Ord., can't hit the side of a barn door.  That is my sermon for today.

Lou said it all     d/b/a  baby74879

I don't have enough life insurance to willingly shoot a Hi-point. Firearms are one of the few things in life that you really get what you pay for, which is why they are so expensive.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 12:58:16 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 1:07:02 AM EDT
[#20]
If you have a Para ord, why the hell would you even think about a potmetal POS like the hipoint?   It's as clunky as hell, looks like it was made in china by a toy company.    If you cant hit with the para ord, sell it and buy something that you can hit with.    The Hi point might make a decent fishing weight but that's about it.   A LLAMA would be a zillion times better and they're usually crap too.    

Buy a Makarov or CZ52.    
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:14:20 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
If you have a Para ord, why the hell would you even think about a potmetal POS like the hipoint?   It's as clunky as hell, looks like it was made in china by a toy company.    If you cant hit with the para ord, sell it and buy something that you can hit with.    The Hi point might make a decent fishing weight but that's about it.   A LLAMA would be a zillion times better and they're usually crap too.    

Buy a Makarov or CZ52.    

I was thinking the very same thing. The more this goes on the more I think he is just trolling.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 12:15:55 PM EDT
[#22]
 Sirs--The reason I was checking out the Hi-Point--I have a [new] brother-in-law, that, for whatever reason has gone berserk at range-shooting. here the cheapest, was the Hi-Point.  Will give him all the good news about all the input, and let him make his decision. hank  

As for this subject---[as put in the newspaper composing rooms] ENOF SAID

---- 30 ----
Lou d/b/a      baby74879
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 6:22:02 PM EDT
[#23]
A friend of mine had a hipoint 9mm.  I have personally put about 50-75 very irritating rounds down the tube.  Multiple failures to feed and failures to eject, this pistol had been recently cleaned too.  I would steer clear of hipoint!!
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 7:21:36 PM EDT
[#24]
I don't own one,
   have seen one (some),
   haven't shot one,
   NOT going to shoot one,
   don't want to shoot one.

Some things mean more to me than shooting something that resembles a gun. Things like life, appendages, eyes, etc!hippie.gif
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 12:49:56 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You hear wrong...

Absolute POS made with pot-metal.  Kid was (trying) to shoot one next to me at the range the other day.  Couldn't go 3 rounds w/o a FTF or FTE.

Save your pennies.  If you have to have a pistol now and you don't have much cash, get a surplus Makarov or a CZ 52.  Much better firearms.  Or wait and get a CZ 75B or Baby Eagle for under $420.

My $.02...

- AG

+1 I would also look at the new Ruger .45.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 9:52:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Howmany of you have shot one, personally, with your own two hands.. ?
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:04:38 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Do you do any reading before you post?  Please venture back to page one and see my original response.  Yes, I have shot one personally with my own two hands
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:09:16 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

My nephew bought one at Bill Goodman's show in Dayton. I shot it in his back yard and every 5 or 6 rounds was a FTF. junk
He sold it for $50 just to get rid of it.
Link Posted: 10/13/2005 3:04:38 PM EDT
[#29]
A guy at work said he was going to buy one, I told him i would try to shoot him with it and if it didnt work id just beat him to death with it... he ended up getting a ruger thank god
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top