Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/18/2009 4:00:42 AM EDT
I have been drooling over a .22LR/.22 WMR convertible 6 1/2" pistol (I found a 9" at a really good price that I lust for as well) with adjustable sights that seems to be a real good value dollar-wise, but I've never heard anything (good or bad) about Heritage Arms. I've done some Googling and found some mixed reviews, mostly confusing and almost all saying that the dollars would be better spent just getting a Ruger and be done with it. The problem is that these look like a well made pistol and at 1/2 the cost of a Ruger, seem really attractive, especially since they seem to come with a lifetime warranty.

What says the ARFCOM hive-mind on this subject?
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 4:32:37 AM EDT
[#1]
I love my Heritage, good shooting, accurate, problem free so far at 4k+/- rounds. Finish may not be the best, but what do you want for $129, I use it it's not a show piece.

I say go for it if you like it and it's what you want, but everyone here will tell you to buy a Single Six.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 4:41:08 AM EDT
[#2]
I have had both and the Heritage is good for the money but IIRC they are not steel framed which is not a big deal with a .22 but it will not wear as well as a Ruger if you are a heavy user. If you are just looking for an occasional shooter go with the heritage. The thing about the single six is that I know my son and grandson(someday) will still be using it when I die.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 5:05:29 AM EDT
[#3]
GTG
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 6:28:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 9:40:44 AM EDT
[#5]
I bought one of the little birdshead models because I wanted a .22 revolver. I figured if it turned out to be junk, I wouldn't have much invested in it. It turned out to be a good buy, and a lot of fun. I've never shot it with the .22 Mag cylinder, but the LR works fine.
Link Posted: 9/19/2009 6:04:51 PM EDT
[#6]
my brother has one, and he really likes it.  he's had it for years with no problems what so ever.  i haven't seen it in a while, but i dont think the finish is wearing abnormally or anything like that.  

i'll try to get some more feedback from him later.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 5:41:20 PM EDT
[#7]
I've got a satin silver 61/2" adj sight model. Good bang for the buck. But honestly I wish I would have waited for a fixed sight shorter barrel model. Does pretty good with the 22lr's especially Federal bulk lead bullets and CCI mini mag's but won't shoot 22 mags worth a darn.
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 6:53:35 AM EDT
[#8]
Well, I guess I'll find out for myself soon enough, I pulled the trigger on the 9" adj. sight convertible model yesterday. When it arrives and I've had a chance to run a few hundred rounds through it, I'll post my impressions here.

Thanks for the responses!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top