Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/12/2004 2:39:04 PM EDT
I am trying to ID the history of a Luger 9mm for a friend who knows even less than I do about these pistols.  It has a 4 digit serial number 50**.  The same full serial number appears on the reciever as well as under the barrel.  The last two digits of the serial also appear on several of the smaller parts that are visible from the outside.  On the top of the reciever just behind the barrel is 1914 stamped in.  On the bolt, which has the same last 2 serial numbers on it, it also has a Crown with the word ERFURT.  Scattered over it are other smaller stampings, some in script some seem to be pictures.  Without something to compare it against, I can't make out what they are.  

Here are a few pictures, anywhere you can point me to find more info would be appreciated as always.

Link Posted: 9/12/2004 4:08:55 PM EDT
[#1]
hi there
go to this site
http://www.lugerforum.com/
these guys are experts. post your pics and all the info you can and they will tell you everything there is to know about it.
they did for mine a 1936 s/42.
good luck
angel
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 5:02:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Its an Imperial Luger. Well made, and depending if its 100% correct, a very nice piece to have.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:06:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:37:46 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Royal Armory at Erfurt 1914 Military.

Crown is on all Erfurt Lugers. Other markings are proof marks.

If last 2 digits match on entire gun it is all original. If magazine floorplates match as well that is somehwat rare.

Values given are from $350-$1000 or so depending upon condition.

1914 date is early (production was from 1914-1918) and finish on these guns got rougher as the war progressed in 1917-18. Many thousand were produced with one to five digit serial number ranges, some with letter suffixes.

Anything else?

Damn your good, I knew I stick around here for a good reason.  

Thank you.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 7:49:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 9:12:20 AM EDT
[#6]
As a note- it's always a good idea to check under the wood grips for any interesting inscriptions...

Sly
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 11:59:47 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
As a note- it's always a good idea to check under the wood grips for any interesting inscriptions...

Sly

The grips are matched to the SN#, no other markings are present on the grips.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top