Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/13/2005 12:29:05 PM EDT
I can get a NIB 92G-SD for $697.00, this is a one time deal for me.  What i need to know is that a great deal or what?  I wanted an Elite II, but this seems like the better deal at a lower price.  I cant find much about this online so i came here to find out the real deal.  

Looking for any and all advice.  Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 12/13/2005 1:54:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:47:53 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I can get a NIB 92G-SD for $697.00, this is a one time deal for me.  What i need to know is that a great deal or what?  I wanted an Elite II, but this seems like the better deal at a lower price.  I cant find much about this online so i came here to find out the real deal.  

I paid $859 + tax for a NIB 96G-SD almost two years ago, when they first came out.  So

yeah, that sounds like a good deal.  I wish I would have gotten the 92GSD instead.

(I have come to loathe the "foh tey")

As far as Elites are concerned; I think they are great pistols. You really can't go wrong with

either.  It's just a matter of looking "tactical", or a little more "sporty".
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 8:14:33 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I paid $859 + tax for a NIB 96G-SD almost two years ago, when they first came out.  So

yeah, that sounds like a good deal.  I wish I would have gotten the 92GSD instead.

(I have come to loathe the "foh tey")

As far as Elites are concerned; I think they are great pistols. You really can't go wrong with

either.  It's just a matter of looking "tactical", or a little more "sporty".

Please expound on your loathing of the .40.  I'm just curious.  I don't have one.  Just a 9 and a 45 here but the .40 has always had me curious.  
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 3:20:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Since it has a rail, what are my holster options?
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 10:45:10 AM EDT
[#5]

Please expound on your loathing of the .40.  I'm just curious.  I don't have one.  Just a 9 and a 45 here but the .40 has always had me curious.  

It's simply a matter of my personal opinion really, but since you asked . . . . .

First, I've owned three .40's: Glock 22, Glock 27, and Beretta 96SD. I have sold all of them.

My reasons being 1) I don't believe that the harsh recoil, and wear and tear on the gun is

worth any so-called ballisitic advantage.  My logic is that if you want more "power" than a 9mm,

then go with something in .45 . The 40 just doesn't give that much benefit, for what you get in

return: Snappy/harsh recoil, relatively inaccurate, holds fewer rounds, ammo relatively expensi-

ve. **Disclaimer to all 40 lovers**, this my opinion, and this gentleman asked for it.

2)I had a severe accuracy problem with the G22. I'm talking basketball size groups at 25. But

yet, I could take my beat up Kimber , that I bought second hand with 10k thru it, and print a

softball size group at 25; same with my Beretta 92, and Glock 34.

3)My Beretta 96 simply would not function 100%. I had stove-pipes, FTF, and FTE's regularly.

This is in stark contrast to my 92 that I have 4,535 rds thru it to be exact, and honestly not a

single issue. I mean, NOTHING.  My 96 was simply damaging Berettas damn fine reputation.

4) My G27 was a chore to shoot. I would put 150rds thru at the range, and have to move on to a

different weapon. It was pretty painful to shoot after 150-200 rds. Now, give me my friends G30,

I could shoot 500rds thru it and only feel a little discomfort after all those rounds, and it's a

45 ACP! I won't comment on accuracy.

After a couple thousand dollars in handguns, ammo, mags, etc.; I have finally realized that the

forty is not all that great. Of course there are some other experiences I've had with 40's but

no need to get into all that. I hope this answers your question

No foh-tey for me,  make mine a nine or a good ole 45!
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 10:21:42 AM EDT
[#6]
For a shooting gun, I don't believe that a small framed .40 is really "fun."  I have a G27 which I don't think is that bad really.  At 25 meters, I can hit center of BG without problems, but I don't expect a subcompact to be the world's most accurate pistol.  For a full size frame, I stick with 9mm (cheaper, holds more rounds), or .45 (because everyone shold have a .45, and it's just better for self defence than 9mm, .40, GAP (which I loathe more than .40......it is attempting to solve a problem that never existed).  I wish .357 sig was cheaper and more popular than it is, as it is a fine round that delivers better terminal ballistics than 9mm or .40.  But it isn't, so the only reason I'll get a g22 (and I will) is because I have g22 mags for my G27, and I want a full size glock.  Maybe i'll ditch the 27 and get a 26 instead.  Who knows.  I'm excited about the 92fs that I bought today........Used, but it's really NIB.
Link Posted: 12/26/2005 7:59:53 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Since it has a rail, what are my holster options?

Something that fits Vertecs
Link Posted: 12/29/2005 8:18:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Buy it.  Thats cheaper than dealer cost
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 9:03:18 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Buy it.  Thats cheaper than dealer cost

Yup, i got it at $535.  Thanks
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top