Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/30/2007 12:58:26 PM EDT
I would really like to have some Straight Eight's or Novak Lo-Mounts, but no way in hell am I having this pistol's slide machined so they will fit.   I'm having trouble figuring out what will fit.  This pistol has different dovetails.  Notice how far back the dovetail is.

I emailed Wilson and they would only recommend their "Nite Eyes Low-Profile Snag-Free Sights"

BTW, some of you guys might remember Cole-Carbine, he passed away this past June, this was his pistol.

Link Posted: 11/30/2007 1:03:35 PM EDT
[#1]
I'd just have the slide machined and refinished.  It's an older Wilson if I'm not mistaken so its not that big a deal.  I have the combat pyramids on my CQB Elite and I like those a lot, but you can't beat a pair of Heinies or Hilton Yams 10-8 sight, or the (get while they last) yost bonitz sights that look like the 10-8's.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 1:11:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Machining this slide isn't an option.  
I'll get the same sights again before I do that.
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 3:01:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Call up Trijicon, they should be able to tell you what the dovetail is and what fits. Also they make a Novak copy if that is what you want. (It's what I put on my Kimber)
Link Posted: 11/30/2007 8:20:42 PM EDT
[#4]
That appears to be a regular GI rear dovetail.

If that's the case you have several good options.  Heinie, Novak, Mepro, and Trijicon all make sights that will fit the factory GI/Colt dovetail, though none are what you'd call low-mount.
Link Posted: 12/2/2007 6:56:57 PM EDT
[#5]
The rear is a standard GI spec dovetail.  If you want Novaks, get their dovetail sight that doesnt require any milling.

The front sight is the same dovetail demensions as Hienie uses.  They sell their serated tritium front sight separately.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top