Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2009 4:47:22 PM EDT
Hopefully someone can help me out with this..

I saw a commercial during a Guns 'N Ammo episode for Self Defense ammo that was apparently basically ballistic tip handgun ammnunition.  It wasn't Cor'Bon powerball, or any other name I recognized. Of course, I accidentally deleted it from my DVR.
It showed a 3D animation of the plastic tip being forced down into the hollow-point area forcing expansion without the risk of clogging due to clothing.

I want to try something like this in a handgun that has trouble feeding HP rounds (9mm).

Does anyone know what I'm talking about?
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 5:16:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 11:24:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Bingo, Thanks!!

I remember "Critical Defense", why didn't I remember it being Hornady, though?
Link Posted: 1/24/2009 5:45:39 PM EDT
[#3]

This stuff has piqued my interest.  I am looking for more tests on it...any links?
Link Posted: 1/25/2009 7:10:16 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

This stuff has piqued my interest.  I am looking for more tests on it...any links?

I started a thread on this new Hornady ammo about a month ago with a few replies HERE

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top