Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/11/2002 7:00:49 PM EDT
OK...I put the Wolf ammo into the HK. Loaded the 10 rounder and tried to cycle it through. As soon as I put 1 in the chamber it will not release it. What am I doing wrong? The owner is flying in a C-130 somehwere in the Indian ocean...so I can't get his help.

I put the ammo in the mag..loaded it and put 1 into the chamber...it will not cycle, I've tried changing safety/fire..I've taken the mag out..put an empty mag in. Nadda..what is going on?

Thanks...HK newbie here.
NAKED

Link Posted: 9/11/2002 8:11:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Can you be more specific?  Is there a round in the chamber, and when you attempt to cycle it, it is stuck?  Are you using enough force to pull the slide?  What model HK?
Art in KY
Link Posted: 9/11/2002 8:41:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes...there is a round in the chamber. I am using plenty of force pulling the slide. This is whats bothering me...I'm pulling like a sumbitch and it will not eject the round. It will only pull back about a 1/4 inch and will not go farther. I'm frustrated...I'm thinking I'm not doing something right. It's like the round is jammed in the chamber and will not kick out.

HK USP .45 blued.

Arghhhhhhhhhhh!

NAKED
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 5:16:54 AM EDT
[#3]
The odds are that you're right, the round is stuck. Time to field strip, and gentle tap out the round from the cone end. Use a wooden dowl if possible to make sure that you don't damage the crown.

Wolf uses a lacquer coating on their ammo and my guess is that is what is holding it in. Once you get this one out, change to a brass cased ammo.
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 6:23:07 AM EDT
[#4]
If the slide wont move back, you cant field strip an HK. Slide has to be moved rearward to push out the slide stop.

Is it going fully into battery?
Make sure the mag is out, and put the safety ON, and keep your finger away from the trigger while trying to remedy this. Just to be safe since you have a live round in the chamber. I'm kinda at a loss here as to how to get the slide back. Would have to be able to look at it first hand.
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 6:42:52 AM EDT
[#5]
Naked-Wait. You're hand cycling this ammo? Not firing it?
Take the piece to a range, make sure the slide is in battery and shoot the damned thing..the casing will then be easily removed, the way it should be..

Don't use live rounds for function check.

Meplat-
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 7:35:47 AM EDT
[#6]
It sould like the ammo. I've tried Wolf in my AR and had the case stick after firing due to the lacquer. I would take it to the range and fire the round (making sure it is in battery).
Even if the casing does not extract, at least you can now work safely on tapping the case out. On my AR it didn't take much tapping to release it.
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 10:26:57 AM EDT
[#7]
I went out and shot it. Round went bang and ejected the casing...no problem. Now, will this happen again? I'm almost afraid for a jam or worse, a KB.

Thanks for all the help...after I shot it, I knew it must be the shell sticking somehow. I will clean the gun today and go shooting again tomorrow.

Thanks again,
NAKED
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 12:27:04 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Naked-Wait. You're hand cycling this ammo? Not firing it?
Take the piece to a range, make sure the slide is in battery and shoot the damned thing..the casing will then be easily removed, the way it should be..

Don't use live rounds for function check.

Meplat-

I should have remembered how we fixed things in the Army. When all else fails, use brute force.
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 3:03:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Try different ammo before anything else.
Art in KY
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 4:05:42 PM EDT
[#10]
Are you "riding" the slide down to slow it down? If so the extractor is not going over the rim of the case. Another thing....Putting wolf on a HK is almost a sin.
Link Posted: 9/12/2002 5:48:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Hawkeye- I've seen this "stuck case" situation a bunch of times while working at a friend's shop..It's not uncommon in fairly new firearms, and probably would happen with any ammo..

Naked- It won't if you shoot it through the piece.. But feel free to try something else..

Meplat-
Link Posted: 9/14/2002 5:54:57 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Hawkeye- I've seen this "stuck case" situation a bunch of times while working at a friend's shop..It's not uncommon in fairly new firearms, and probably would happen with any ammo..

Naked- It won't if you shoot it through the piece.. But feel free to try something else..

Meplat-

Guess I have been lucky. Never seen one do that (and I've fondled my fair share of new handguns mind you ), at least not the way Naked described.
Link Posted: 9/18/2002 11:17:39 AM EDT
[#13]
I have seen stuck rounds in chambers numerous times. I work as a Match Director and IDPA Safety Officer and see thousands and thousands of rounds fired downrange every month. Most of the time it is either a dirty chamber, tight match chamber or an oversized round. There are 2 ways that I use to manually clear a stuck round from a chamber. The first, which works about 99% of the time is to grasp the slide firmly with the left hand over the top with the thumb of left hand towards you. Then take your right hand and open it and strike the rear of the grip with the web of your open hand. The next way is to use a hard surface and place the edge of the front of the slide against it and push. Be sure you clear the line b4 you do this.
Link Posted: 9/18/2002 4:52:13 PM EDT
[#14]
My H&K Tactical will freeze shut shooting Wolf ammo. I am not a Wolf hater and my 1911's love it, but the H&K will not take it.
Just find some brass ammo for the H&K.
Link Posted: 9/21/2002 2:15:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Got a P7M13, with no round in the chamber, that the slide won't come back. What is the deal? I need help as well! Let me know what you find out, please!
Link Posted: 9/21/2002 8:37:56 PM EDT
[#16]
ARGON,
I am not real familiar with this particular firearm, but the first thing that comes to my mind is your slide stop has worked its way out slighty tieing up the slide. Try that and let us know. Good luck!
Link Posted: 9/21/2002 8:40:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Ahhh Wolf ammo.....got caught with our pants now did we?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top