Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/8/2002 12:53:09 PM EDT
So I'm going to purchase my first pistol. I like the .45 cal, but I want it compact (easy to carry), and the ability to accept hi-cap. Also something moderatly priced.

Am I asking the impossible here??

I am leaning towards-
1911 Wide Body (NOT Easy to carry)
or
1911 Compact (not hi-cap, and still a little heavy)

ANY advice would be appreciated, as I trust you are all fairly knowledgable on this matter.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 4/8/2002 1:25:18 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
...as I trust you are all fairly knowledgable on this matter.

Now there's a leap of faith

Seriously, you really need to try some out. What is good for me, may or may not be for you. If possible, find someone who will let you use theirs, like a Glock, a 1911, a CZ, etc.. If not, go to a rental range and try theirs. One note on the rental option, they will not be as cared for as a privately owned gun, and will perform accordingly.

Good luck, and welcome!
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 10:52:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 3:11:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Take a look at Kimber Ultra Carry, not hi-cap, but you will love it. Carry a couple or three back up mags, they will hold 7 each. It is a sweet carry gun.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 5:01:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I suggest that you try a SiG 245. It's a compact, very, very reliable and a down right nail driver right out of the box. No hicaps but you can get a mag carrier cheap.
Link Posted: 4/10/2002 8:02:20 PM EDT
[#5]
I suggest you split the difference.  Get a Commander-size 1911 with aluminum frame, and use the 8-round mags for it.  9 rounds, light frame that you can get a good grip on, fairly concealable slide, and no end of accessories.

Here's one of mine, it goes with me most everywhere.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 1:41:19 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Take a look at Kimber Ultra Carry, not hi-cap, but you will love it. Carry a couple or three back up mags, they will hold 7 each. It is a sweet carry gun.

I second the motion for Kimber Ultra Carry.  I have one in stainless and it is great. Light weight, powerful, accurate and feeds everything I have thrown at it.  Try one, you will like it.
Link Posted: 4/11/2002 1:52:44 AM EDT
[#7]
Also consider the HK USP 45 Compact.
Link Posted: 4/13/2002 11:52:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Para P12.45.  Holds 12 rounds in an officers size.  Grip is a little wide but not too bad.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top