Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2005 10:48:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/20/2005 10:49:20 AM EDT by Accidental_discharge]
I have a cz52 that went off by itself. Could someone tell me why? Someone nearby observed that if you pull the trigger while the saftey is on the saftey walks. Any ideas?
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 10:58:07 AM EDT
For some strange reason, I'm hoping nobody gives you a straight answer here.

Link Posted: 5/20/2005 11:01:55 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Accidental_discharge:
... Someone nearby observed that if you pull the trigger while the saftey is on the saftey walks. Any ideas?

Here's one...

Rule #3... Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are on target and you’re ready to shoot.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 1:39:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/20/2005 1:48:02 PM EDT by Accidental_discharge]
My finger was not on the trigger when it went off. But after it went off we unloaded it and messed with every button to see if there was a sear or other kind problem.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 1:45:31 PM EDT
Originally Posted By arowneragain:
For some strange reason, I'm hoping nobody gives you a straight answer here.

I hope they do, I want to know what went wrong. I have a witness that my finger was not on the trigger and the only thing being activated on the gun was the decock.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 5:50:46 PM EDT
OK, this is a legit issue.
You failed to explain what happened, and people jumped the gun and assumed bad things when you said the gun "fired itself".

Some guns with decockers can have problems that could cause this.
A classic case in point were badly worn or defective WWII P-38 pistols, that could fire when the safety was applied.

Needless to say, DON'T LOAD OR SHOOT this thing until a qualified gunsmith can look at it, and find out what's wrong.

Nobody will be able to tell you what's wrong without actually seeing the gun.
It could be anything from missing parts, to broken or worn parts, to some "Billy Bob" altering something.

SEE A GUNSMITH.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 6:03:25 AM EDT
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 10:28:55 AM EDT
What I'd be curious to know is if this 13 yr. old kid is being supervised when he's handling and shooting said pistol. It seems if he was that the person supervising would be here asking the questions.
Top Top