Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2019 12:23:18 AM EDT
So I am brand new to Glock world. I have been a 1911 shooter for years and I still am but recently bought a brand new 19x on a whim and now I’m hooked.

The only thing lacking for me is a trigger.

Coming from a TRP with a crisp and clean straight 4lb break I want the same for my Glock, or close.

I installed an apex but the slack and take up was still too much for my taste.

Before I just go out and buy more triggers, I wanted to seek the advice in the forum of Glock owners and shooters.

What aftermarket trigger will eliminate all the “slack” in the trigger pull?

I already have a spring and connector kit installed so the weight is not the issue. It’s mainly the travel and slack in the take up.

Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 3/25/2019 8:43:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
So I am brand new to Glock world. I have been a 1911 shooter for years and I still am but recently bought a brand new 19x on a whim and now I’m hooked.

The only thing lacking for me is a trigger.

Coming from a TRP with a crisp and clean straight 4lb break I want the same for my Glock, or close.

I installed an apex but the slack and take up was still too much for my taste.

Before I just go out and buy more triggers, I wanted to seek the advice in the forum of Glock owners and shooters.

What aftermarket trigger will eliminate all the “slack” in the trigger pull?

I already have a spring and connector kit installed so the weight is not the issue. It’s mainly the travel and slack in the take up.

Thanks in advance
View Quote

Agency or Overwatch TAC trigger will reduce most of the take-up and give you a comfortable flat faced trigger shoe.
You don't want to eliminate all the take-up.
The two above will reduce take-up while keeping the trigger safety functional.
Agency will take it a tiny bit closer, but they are both very similar and are miles better than the OEM trigger.

Keep in mind that with a Glock, you are partially charging the striker spring on the press, therefore it will never be similar to a 1911 which is just slipping off a sear.
My target Glocks are at about 2.5lbs and they are manageable at that pull weight.

I also use a 4lb striker spring and an OEM 5lb trigger spring.
I copied the Johnny Glock system and added a trigger upgrade.
Link Posted: 3/25/2019 8:51:26 AM EDT
[#2]
It’s a striker fired gun, slack and take up is part of what makes it function.
Link Posted: 3/25/2019 11:12:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's a striker fired gun, slack and take up is part of what makes it function.
View Quote
This. It's not a 1911.
Link Posted: 3/25/2019 11:13:41 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It’s a striker fired gun, slack and take up is part of what makes it function.
View Quote
It is also a result of the safeties in the design. Removing all the slack will result in a dangerous situation where safeties are disabled.
Link Posted: 3/25/2019 4:31:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Spend the money on a johnny glock trigger, its worth it.
Link Posted: 3/25/2019 5:06:38 PM EDT
[#6]
You have to accept that no matter what you do, it will never be a 1911 trigger and getting used to it as is is not that hard.
Put another way the only way to get a 1911 trigger is on a 1911. Can tinkering with after market parts ( with the very real risk of negatively affecting reliability) get is better? Probably but it simply will never ever feel like a 1911 trigger
Link Posted: 3/25/2019 6:28:01 PM EDT
[#7]
I did the $.25 polish job with some Flitz on the trigger bar and most metal internal parts, and then installed the Ghost Rocket TCT. I'd you have access to a metal file, sand paper and little patience it makes a significant difference for under $50.. I'm sure there are better options out there but I don't have enough trigger time on the 19X (or any glock for that matter) to justify going with a "race" trigger.
Link Posted: 3/25/2019 6:47:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Help you find a trigger? Why? Your's didn't come with one?

You need to learn how to shoot. Then, and only then, can you start to worry about customizing your stuff to work how it suits you. Until then, dry paractice and range time is what you should be concentrating on, not gadgets and gimmicks.

Put the factory parts back in it and go hit the range until it doesn't matter what kind of trigger it has in it, that you can shoot it well.
Link Posted: 3/25/2019 7:04:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

You need to learn how to shoot. Then, and only then, can you start to worry about customizing your stuff to work how it suits you. Until then, dry paractice and range time is what you should be concentrating on, not gadgets and gimmicks.

Put the factory parts back in it and go hit the range until it doesn't matter what kind of trigger it has in it, that you can shoot it well.
View Quote
+1
Link Posted: 3/26/2019 12:40:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
I hate guys who post stupid comments like these.

You do understand people buy things to tinker with and have previous experience? It's not the guys first gun. Thanks for that knowledge bomb.
Link Posted: 3/26/2019 12:58:21 AM EDT
[#11]
thank for the wide array of input from everyone.

I should have clarified a few things i guess. I am not a new shooter by any means. I have been shooting for almost 20 years and still shoot about 1k-2k rounds per month. pistol and rifle. mostly pistol.

Now about the glock, I do  not want to make it unsafe or unreliable. I was looking for something to reduce overall travel. But if that is not an option maybe a trigger that will have a smooth travel, then hit the wall and have a clean break and short reset.

I did not mean to compare apples to oranges coming from a 1911 but that is the platform I have shot with since day one and have grown very accustomed to it.

I have plenty of other handguns I shoot and can shoot them well, just looking for a little improvement on the glock and I know the options are out there, just seeking some advice.

thanks again.
Link Posted: 3/26/2019 1:52:00 AM EDT
[#12]
If this is any kind of defense weapon, I strongly discourage an aftermarket trigger. Getting a 3.5 lb spring and a 3.5 spring for the striker and polishing your connector is fine, but any further than that from the OEM trigger, I discourage it.
Link Posted: 3/26/2019 2:34:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Spend the money on a johnny glock trigger, its worth it.
View Quote
This is the type of info I was looking for.

I have never heard of this product and now I am intrigued after watching and reading reviews.

I didn’t mean to turn this into GD.

This is not a CCW type gun. Just a range toy I want to shoot and enjoy.

Let’s forego all the legal lessons and all the shooting lessons and other drama.
Link Posted: 3/26/2019 3:01:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Agency or Overwatch TAC trigger will reduce most of the take-up and provide a comfortable, flat faced trigger shoe.
You don't want to eliminate all the take-up.
The two above will reduce take-up while keeping the trigger safety functional.
Agency will take it a tiny bit closer, but they are both very similar and are miles better than the OEM trigger.

Keep in mind that with a Glock, you are partially charging the striker spring on the press, therefore it will never be similar to a 1911 which is just slipping off a sear.
My target Glocks are at about 2.5lbs and they are manageable at that pull weight.

I also use a 4lb striker spring and an OEM 5lb trigger spring.
I copied the Johnny Glock system and added a trigger upgrade.He uses an OEM trigger.
View Quote
I highlighted and added a comment.
Link Posted: 3/26/2019 7:05:11 AM EDT
[#15]
I had a skimmer in mine and it was about as close to a 1911 as I can remember in a Glock. Lots of different opinions on them though regarding safety.
Link Posted: 3/26/2019 9:03:16 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

This is the type of info I was looking for.

I have never heard of this product and now I am intrigued after watching and reading reviews.

I didn’t mean to turn this into GD.

This is not a CCW type gun. Just a range toy I want to shoot and enjoy.

Let’s forego all the legal lessons and all the shooting lessons and other drama.
View Quote
I’m playing around with aftermarket parts on a Glock for the first time as well. I’ve owned many Glocks through the years but have never gone any farther than changing out the sights.

I chose to do the Ghost 3.3 Pro connector and spring kit and Agency trigger. The Ghost kit has been excellent but the trigger bar on the Agency trigger gave me issues. Agency removes material on their trigger bar where it interfaces with the safety plunger. I think they removed too much material on my trigger bar and the trigger pull was HORRIBLE if I didn’t have a magazine inserted. I swapped out their trigger bar for an OEM  and the problem went away.

If I were to do it again I would go with an Overwatch trigger. The profiles of the Agency and Overwatch trigger shoes appear to be very similar and I do really like the way the Agency trigger shoe feels. It doesn’t appear that the Overwatch gives people the issues I’ve had with Agency’s gen 5 offering.

If I wanted as nice of a trigger as possible with all OEM parts I would definitely buy one from Johnny Glock.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top