Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 10/20/2004 12:33:02 AM EST
I have been meaning to outfit a Sig pistol with night sights for a while now and am used to the Von Stovenhaven (i think) dot over line type sights that came standard with pistol. I am leaning towards a set of 3-dot Trijicon's but thought I would ask here before I go through with it. Is anyone out there currently using a set of the Heinie SlantPro Straight Eight night sights on any of your pistols? What is your overall impression of them? I am looking for opinions from people with first hand experience with the Heinie sights.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 10:08:26 AM EST
They are very similar to the stock adjustable sights on my USP Tactical, which I like a lot! They are what I will be putting on it in the near future. I have heard lots of great things about them but personally have no experience with them. The only negative thing I've heard about them is that they can rust if you carry with them and don't keep them oiled. You can get a heavy duty finish for them at an extra cost if you buy them directly from Heinie though.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 6:12:13 PM EST
Heinie Straight 8s are the best out there, IMHO.

Wouldn't have anything else. Rugged to the hilt.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 6:12:46 PM EST
I have a set on my Glock, a big improvement over stock sights. Just get the two green dots close in low light.In daytime a very crisp sight sight picture. The bad part,the only thing on a Glock that will rust.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 7:52:12 PM EST
Thanks for the responses guys. Keeping them oiled shouldn't be a problem. I never did actually come across anyone that has used them or gotten to try them before so I think I probably will get them based on your positive feedback.
Top Top