Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2005 1:40:09 PM EDT

I need to ship some ammo to a buyer from the EE.  Fedex won't ship it unless I fill out a form on a TYPEWRITER.  I cannot fill it out by hand, and they offer no way to do it on a computer and print it out.  They do not supply the typewriter.  No, I'm not kidding.

I called the UPS store, and they told me no way.  They also told me that UPS doesn't ship ammo at all.  I know this isn't true because I've recieved ammo from Ammoman via UPS before.  I just got off the phone with a representitave from UPS, and she told me that I have to have an account with them and must have a HAZMAT contract with them in order to ship.

I'm almost positive that I can't ship with USPS.

So what the hell does a guy have to do to ship some ammo?  Is it a big crime to just box it up and ship it without telling them what's inside?
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 3:02:05 PM EDT
[#1]
What, nobody here has ever shipped ammo before?
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 3:20:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 5:16:38 PM EDT
[#3]
If you can send it without it making noise and don't tell them what is in the box then you should be fine. I've done it a few times. The USPS Flat Rate boxes are sure nice to send heavy items for a low price.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:49:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Box it up and ship it.  If they ask, tell 'em it's full of jelly beans
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 6:58:18 PM EDT
[#5]
i would just mark the box with a small orm-d and don't tell them what it is. i have recieved ammo through ups,fedex, and usps from regular people off of the net. the boxes were never marked orm-d and they all got here with no interuptions.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:11:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Sign up for an online account. I did this when I was shipping tac gear and such. UPS used to rip open everything I packed to search it for "correct packing methods" but it was really just to see what it was. I was told that it wouldn't happen if I had an account with them. You can open it with a debit or credit card. Simple solution, but you shouldn't have to jump that hoop.

Good luck to you.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:12:27 PM EDT
[#7]
I have had the same problems shipping ammo.
The retards in brown told me they could not ship ammo at all and fedex told me it had to go overnight...overnighting the ammo would have cost 4 times what the ammo was worth!

I have recieved ammo through both before.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 6:41:11 PM EDT
[#8]
Damn I have never had any problem's shipping ammo with UPS, I box it up take it to the UPS store or the UPS HUB and tell thwem it's ammo and ship it out no quiestion's asked.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 9:42:05 PM EDT
[#9]
looking at UPS prohibited guide you can ship 1.4S any way even Air, and I just looked at a case of 5.56 that ammoman shipped me (via UPS) and it is marked 1.4S
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 9:56:14 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Damn I have never had any problem's shipping ammo with UPS, I box it up take it to the UPS store or the UPS HUB and tell thwem it's ammo and ship it out no quiestion's asked.

The hubs are usually more amenable to actually reading their own shipping regs.  The UPS stores generally do not.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top