Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/26/2006 9:48:11 AM EDT
I had a set of Trijicon "Novak" style night sights put on my Kimber and the front sight does not sit flush on the slide. There is actually a gap between the blade part and the top of the slide. I sent it back to Trijicon and they replaced the front sight, I got it back and its still the same!!! Has anyone else run into this problem??? Every other gun I have looked at fits flush.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 10:18:10 AM EDT
[#1]
It sounds like you just have a slightly shallow front sight cut.  It's fairly common.  How noticeable is it?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 10:18:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Check your invoice or receipt and make sure the part # is for the KIMBER sights
rather than another model. They make A LOT of sights for various 1911s.

www.trijicon.com/pdfs/nightsights.pdf

If the sight is correct , the slide may not be milled to the right depth.

Did your Kimber come with a Factory dovetail front sight?
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 11:15:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Check the spelling in your post.  It sounds like you are having nocturnal problems.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 2:25:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes they are marked for Kimber. It is noticable, you can see daylight between the slide and base of blade.  I guess i will have to live with it.
Link Posted: 2/26/2006 6:30:48 PM EDT
[#5]
You can normally see daylight with any sights if you look close enough.  Does it look so bad that you could slip a piece of paper underneath it?  If so, you can do what I tell friends with S&W 1911s to do.  Squeeze some black enamel, like Testors paint, under there.  Wipe away the excess, and let it dry.  There will be a little residue on the slide, but nothing a little thinner or removeron a cloth won't get rid of.  Once it gets nice and hard, it should stay there a very long time.  It's just a thought if the light underneath bothers you.  
Link Posted: 2/27/2006 12:21:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Yes you can slide probably 3 or 4 sheets of paper between them. I haven't shot it to see POI yet, so I will try that and see if it is actually too high.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top